LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2!!

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Brilliant VOTC! Imagine how good L + L would be playing together week in week out? Id already say they are the worlds second best pairing behind Retallick and Whitelock.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:42 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:01 pm "Dear Agent

I'm 28; an England & Lions lock with my very best years just ahead of me. My East Midlands club side are struggling and, much as I love them, the future looks bleak. I'm married with 4 kids and I'd rather not move house if possible.

Do you know if any local club sides might be interested in me for, say, the next 3 years? Ideally, they'll be looking for a good line-out operator who's a bit of an enforcer!"
Dear Rugby Player

There is a club who have just moved to Coventry who might be interested. They do have a similar type of player on their books with whom I suspect you may have played internationally and whose omission from the last Lions tour was rather puzzling. That club might just be interested in having the 2 of you playing together. Given some of the signings they have made previously I would suspect that money would not prove a difficulty. One adjustment you would have to make is to get used to challenging for trophies - something your current club and their other near neighbours seem to have forgotten how to do.
Hah! Fell into my trap! You win the Bah-Humbug Award!

[...and I really, really hope you're wrong... :smt009 ]
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:09 pm

I'm 28; an England & Lions lock with my very best years just ahead of me. My East Midlands club side are struggling and, much as I love them, the future looks bleak. I'm married with 4 kids and I'd rather not move house if possible.

Do you know if any local club sides might be interested in me for, say, the next 3 years? Ideally, they'll be looking for a good line-out operator who's a bit of an enforcer!"
Dear Rugby Player

There is a club who have just moved to Coventry who might be interested. They do have a similar type of player on their books with whom I suspect you may have played internationally and whose omission from the last Lions tour was rather puzzling. That club might just be interested in having the 2 of you playing together. Given some of the signings they have made previously I would suspect that money would not prove a difficulty. One adjustment you would have to make is to get used to challenging for trophies - something your current club and their other near neighbours seem to have forgotten how to do.
Hah! Fell into my trap! You win the Bah-Humbug Award!

[...and I really, really hope you're wrong... :smt009 ]
Sorry won't be able to make the awards dinner. Perhaps you could collect on my behalf.

I hope I'm wrong too. It's probably been covered elsewhere but I can't be bothered to trawl through. Is Lawes actually out of contract at the end of the season?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:15 pm I hope I'm wrong too. It's probably been covered elsewhere but I can't be bothered to trawl through. Is Lawes actually out of contract at the end of the season?
What's a contract?
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

strawclearer wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:39 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:15 pm I hope I'm wrong too. It's probably been covered elsewhere but I can't be bothered to trawl through. Is Lawes actually out of contract at the end of the season?
What's a contract?
Fair point.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Dear Rugby Player

I read this post without looking at the author. Do you realise how much this sounds like Roly? Although a bit "tame" :smt003 :smt002
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:03 am

Dear Rugby Player

I read this post without looking at the author. Do you realise how much this sounds like Roly? Although a bit "tame" :smt003 :smt002
Out of me, VotC and Roly - a number of us may take the comparison as a compliment!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

strawclearer wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:13 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:03 am

Dear Rugby Player

Out of me, VotC and Roly - a number of us may take the comparison as a compliment!
My reply to SC's post was meant to be tongue in cheek. I think I lack the vituperation of Roly.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I want us to sign someone with the same body shape as Dean Richards.

That's it.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Cordero is not in the Jaguares squad this season.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:06 pm Cordero is not in the Jaguares squad this season.
A potential upcoming Magic Monday with Gigena, Cordero, Spencer, Mafi and Thompson?

Sounds good to me :smt003
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm not sure about Mafi
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:54 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:06 pm Cordero is not in the Jaguares squad this season.
A potential upcoming Magic Monday with Gigena, Cordero, Spencer, Mafi and Thompson?

Sounds good to me :smt003
Or Popcorn Thursday?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Just a thought but if more Argentine players are wanting out of the Jaguares then why not try to get Petti or Levanini, they are both young and would add considerable ballast to the 2nd row
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I would love it if we could get Matera back at Welford Rd.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity