LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2!!

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:41 pm Can't see him leaving Ireland.
If he doesn't have the same agent as Jamie Heaslip, it feels like he has!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:54 pm
reading this i'm not sure how?

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... um=twitter

“It would be nice to get it sorted, yeah. We’ll see though,” O’Mahony told The Irish Times last Saturday. “Ideally I would like to [stay]. I like it around here, but they’ve got to come to the table as well. I want to play for Munster and Ireland, but it’s got to be fair as well.”

That is pure negotiations talk IMO.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:03 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:54 pm
reading this i'm not sure how?

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... um=twitter

“It would be nice to get it sorted, yeah. We’ll see though,” O’Mahony told The Irish Times last Saturday. “Ideally I would like to [stay]. I like it around here, but they’ve got to come to the table as well. I want to play for Munster and Ireland, but it’s got to be fair as well.”

That is pure negotiations talk IMO.
It appears like the same 'process' (of negotiation) that Heaslip went through before his recent re-signing.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The Rugby Paper
Wasps Number 8 Guy Thompson who has played over 80 games for the cov base outfit looks set to be heading to welford road.
and
Leicester are also looking at Newcastle Falcons Argentine Hooker Santiago Socino with tigers number 2 Harry Thacker on the verge of leaving to join Bristol.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:22 am The Rugby Paper
Wasps Number 8 Guy Thompson who has played over 80 games for the cov base outfit looks set to be heading to welford road.
and
Leicester are also looking at Newcastle Falcons Argentine Hooker Santiago Socino with tigers number 2 Harry Thacker on the verge of leaving to join Bristol.
Do we really need another back row journeyman? Surely the money can be better spent elsewhere? 2nd row maybe or more cover at centre/fly half? Maybe Thompson is Tom Croft's "replacement" which if so where does that leave us re Steve Mafi? I know which one I'd prefer.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

and
I'd be happy with that
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

L Smith wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 am
I'd be happy with that
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 am
and
Do we really need another back row journeyman? Surely the money can be better spent elsewhere? 2nd row maybe or more cover at centre/fly half? Maybe Thompson is Tom Croft's "replacement" which if so where does that leave us re Steve Mafi? I know which one I'd prefer.
All depends who is leaving and i expect we might see a few of them.

Thompson always impresses me when he plays against us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4exeMYuPJ04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9EMd6mWn4g
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

and
I’d assume that means wasps are looking to sign nazam Carr on long term, seems a bit of another Ryan signing just an avarage squad player in a position we have a lot of players. Also why do we need another hooker is nau only here till the end of the season are are we losing Thacker, mcguigan and youngs. Think any money would better spent on a centre and 2nd row as there the areas we’re struggling with depth. I’d love use to go all in for lawes to be honest but think if he leaves saints he’s like destination would be wasps or bath.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I believe that Nau is signed for a couple of seasons.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:40 am I believe that Nau is signed for a couple of seasons.
I'm sure I heard two and a half - the remainder of this season (when he arrives) and the next two full seasons.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stephen18 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:37 am
and
I’d assume that means wasps are looking to sign nazam Carr on long term, seems a bit of another Ryan signing just an avarage squad player in a position we have a lot of players. Also why do we need another hooker is nau only here till the end of the season are are we losing Thacker, mcguigan and youngs.
Thacker and McGuigan both been linked to other clubs and as said Nau is here for 2.5 seasons.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 am [quote=Tigerbeat post_id=678628 time=<a href="tel:1512294008">1512294008</a> user_id=6138]
I'm sure I heard two and a half - the remainder of this season (when he arrives) and the next two full seasons.

So that’s your 1st and 2nd choice why would socino come as a 3rd choice, you’d think Bateman might even be 3rd choice.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Stephen18 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 am [quote=Tigerbeat post_id=678628 time=<a href="tel:1512294008">1512294008</a> user_id=6138]

So that’s your 1st and 2nd choice why would socino come as a 3rd choice, you’d think Bateman might even be 3rd choice.
Why?
Because there is no I in team, something some the current lot could do with learning, but given how physical trying to compete at the highest level is at a demanding club players do not want to over play these days, they want to be able to walk and talk properly in middle age!