LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cheltexile

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2!!

Post by cheltexile »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:27 pm BBC Leicester:

MOC on Logovi'i Mulipola's future: "The only place I want him going is down the tunnel and on to the field."

So he's staying at the club?

"As much I know, yes!"
Let's hope the rumours are just rumours on that one then.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Mulipola hasn't been nowhere the player he was for a while now,maybe the injuries have took their toll?!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:32 pm Mulipola hasn't been nowhere the player he was for a while now,maybe the injuries have took their toll?!
Agree with the sentiment Scott but come on sort your grammar out :smt027
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Sorry mate,no alcohol for two weeks so my brains not working properly! 😉
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I think it's a win win for Logo to go to France.

He's 30, France will probably suit him anyway, and he can probably get more in the retirement fund. From our point of view he's not giving us too much. But it may depend on the state of him physically which only the medical staff will know.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

ourla wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:29 am I think it's a win win for Logo to go to France.
Ah but with the MOC comment :- MOC on Logovi'i Mulipola's future: "The only place I want him going is down the tunnel and on to the field." If he is going to France possibly Toulon would he fit through the Channel Tunnel?? He certainly has lost his form and has more bandages than the invisible man!
Come to think about it .......... :smt037
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

wormus wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 am
ourla wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:29 am I think it's a win win for Logo to go to France.
Ah but with the MOC comment :- MOC on Logovi'i Mulipola's future: "The only place I want him going is down the tunnel and on to the field." If he is going to France possibly Toulon would he fit through the Channel Tunnel?? He certainly has lost his form and has more bandages than the invisible man!
IMHO he has never been the same player he was a few seasons ago due to his knee injury. I doubt whether he could play a full 80 minute game these days but could possibly fill the role of an impact replacement once fully fit again (I'm assuming he's currently injured can anyone confirm?). Clearly MOC sees some sort of role for him hence the comment.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

We should pay Logo whatever he wants and then give him a great coaching job after just to secure the Logo/Castro genes twins he has...that would be a great long term investment :smt023
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

Rumour doing the rounds that Harry Thacker has been approached by Bristol and is off at the end of the season or sooner now Polota-Nau has signed
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Latecomer wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:31 pm Rumour doing the rounds that Harry Thacker has been approached by Bristol and is off at the end of the season or sooner now Polota-Nau has signed
I heard a counter rumour that McGuigan was the one that was off - I'm sure we'll find out in the goodness of time
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 am
wormus wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 am
IMHO he has never been the same player he was a few seasons ago due to his knee injury. I doubt whether he could play a full 80 minute game these days but could possibly fill the role of an impact replacement once fully fit again (I'm assuming he's currently injured can anyone confirm?). Clearly MOC sees some sort of role for him hence the comment.
Knee injuries often spell the premature end of the career for props.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:02 pm
Latecomer wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:31 pm Rumour doing the rounds that Harry Thacker has been approached by Bristol and is off at the end of the season or sooner now Polota-Nau has signed
I heard a counter rumour that McGuigan was the one that was off - I'm sure we'll find out in the goodness of time
Thacker was involved in Sunday and McGuigan was nowhere to be seen, I now firmly believe that he will be leaving come January
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:44 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:02 pm
Thacker was involved in Sunday and McGuigan was nowhere to be seen, I now firmly believe that he will be leaving come January
George was in the JTC which is often a prelude to an exit
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

If one was being released I expect it to be Mcguigan with Thacker able to cover more than 1 position
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

This is no slight on McGuigan as I like him as a player but would pick Thacker every day of the week. Thacker is extremely talented around the park and is only going to get better at the set piece. Given a few years and can see him as the Brits style of player.

In regards to Mulipola, at his best was one of the best props in Europe. But haven't ever been convinced of his fitness over the last 2 seasons so can understand if Tigers let him leave for big money. We need front row players who are fit and available, especially with Genge and Cole with England.