Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers looking for Two Injury Dispensation Replacements

Post by Soggypitch »

ourla wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:07 pm
Roly wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:00 pm The reason the club don't make any announcements about Croft, is that his default state is 'injured', therefore its much easier for the club to forget he exists and stare at the big hole in the salary cap every month, than it is to state the bleeding obvious to those with a sense of entitlement.
That would make sense if he hadn't played in an "A" game.

The only thing I'm entitled to is post on here subject to the guidelines and mods.

I think it's Gloucester that when the put out the team list they also put out a list of players unavailable and the basic reason why. I think that's a good and consistent way of doing it. Anyone not in the team and not on the unavailable list is by default available and not selected.
I totally agree with you Ourla. We all pay good money to support Tigers and it really shouldn't be a big problem to just provide a quick list of unavailable players and a one liner on their injury. Nobody is expecting a full medical bulletin.
It's just common courtesy to the fans.
Soggypitch
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

ourla wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:07 pmI think it's Gloucester that when the put out the team list they also put out a list of players unavailable and the basic reason why. I think that's a good and consistent way of doing it. Anyone not in the team and not on the unavailable list is by default available and not selected.
Saints seem to have responded to fans' frustration in this area and Voldemort is now sharing the news.

I think, especially coming from a club that emphasises the family dynamic of the club, they should expect us to be interested in such matters
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Anyone heard anything about who we might be looking at then, as injury replacements ?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:17 am Anyone heard anything about who we might be looking at then, as injury replacements ?
Ben Stokes.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:17 am Anyone heard anything about who we might be looking at then, as injury replacements ?
2nd row - Dan Tuohy according to someone on FB.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Granby wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:50 am
2nd row - Dan Tuohy according to someone on FB.
Excellent if true
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Roly wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:27 pm
dunc wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:14 pm The Egg Chasers podcast said this week that Sale have had a contract offer rejected by Sonny Bill and 2 other prem clubs are sniffing around him. Perhaps wishful thinking but could we be looking at him as a replacement for Manu?
I don't believe it could happen for the simple reason that the Tigers board isn't intelligent enough to court such outrageous talent. And if they did, there would be a contractual clause that stated SBW could only sign for the club if he were to turn up injured (or promise to get injured soon).
According to The Ruck - Sale's offer was rejected, SBW staying with NZRU until after the world cup, but Saracens and Bristol expressing an interest in hime thereafter.
https://www.ruck.co.uk/premiership-club ... -rejected/
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bristol Tiger wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:25 am
Roly wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:27 pm
dunc wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:14 pm The Egg Chasers podcast said this week that Sale have had a contract offer rejected by Sonny Bill and 2 other prem clubs are sniffing around him. Perhaps wishful thinking but could we be looking at him as a replacement for Manu?
I don't believe it could happen for the simple reason that the Tigers board isn't intelligent enough to court such outrageous talent. And if they did, there would be a contractual clause that stated SBW could only sign for the club if he were to turn up injured (or promise to get injured soon).
According to The Ruck - Sale's offer was rejected, SBW staying with NZRU until after the world cup, but Saracens and Bristol expressing an interest in hime thereafter.
https://www.ruck.co.uk/premiership-club ... -rejected/
maybe he might fancy a couple months in england as a playing holiday..... Leicester is lovely in winter after all.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Touhy confirmed on twitter. Good short term signing in my view experience in Europe and internationally
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Also confirmed in the Bristol Post - Pat Lam wants him to get some game time after recovering from an injury, On loan until Dec 31.
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rugb ... dan-556772
Hehehehehehehehe
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:51 pm Also confirmed in the Bristol Post - Pat Lam wants him to get some game time after recovering from an injury, On loan until Dec 31.
True to Tigers form, sign an injured player!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 pm
trendylfj wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:51 pm Also confirmed in the Bristol Post - Pat Lam wants him to get some game time after recovering from an injury, On loan until Dec 31.
Its cheaper!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

TigerCam wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm
Doghashadhisday wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 pm
Its cheaper!!
True but I am hoping that we are saving money on the second row replacement so that we can sign a heavyweight centre on a longer term basis. Sonny Bill would do!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I want Ben Teo!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Maybe Matt Smith, who has to be one of Tigers most valuable Club servants has a son that can take over when he gets knackered ?