Youngs
Ford
May
Toomua
Smith
Malouf
Veainu

Bateman,Thacker,Mulipola, Mapapalangi,Ryan, Harrison,Ford,Tait

I think the 23 deserve the chance again but would start with Hamilton,he's better defensively than Ryan and the Chiefs have an incredible ball retention rate so we will be making a lot of tackles. Chiefs looked good today but Wasps defensively were poor,should be a cracker!
TheRock

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by TheRock »

Our defence does not fill me with confidence especially against a team like Exeter.
Wells may be cited after picture appeared to show contact around the eye area of Mike Brown
Thacker and smith looked like they came off injured against quins, probably hear if they're fit later in the week.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Did not see that incident Rock. Could be a few weeks ban.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

If BOC is fit he has to play need someone to slow ball down.
They did look good today but equally Wasps were poor particularly Haskell who was well off the pace. Thomas Young made a big difference when he came on.
Wasps aren't the same threat without the Cipriani/Gopperth axis
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I reckon Exeter are probably about 20 points better than us at present and if we do get a losing bonus point result we will have done well . In every aspect of the game they are more effective but in the forwards they are miles better . Hope I'm proved wrong again !
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

MikeR wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:41 am I reckon Exeter are probably about 20 points better than us at present and if we do get a losing bonus point result we will have done well . In every aspect of the game they are more effective but in the forwards they are miles better . Hope I'm proved wrong again !
So do we all Mike but your analysis is probably fair. Personally however I would never settle for anything but a win at home, no matter who we are playing!!
Soggypitch
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Chiefs are relaxed on the ball, patient, well drilled and accurate. A win against them is going to be a tough ask.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Crumbie Deeks

Post by Crumbie Deeks »

Thought Chiefs players spent a lot of time offside at the breakdown yesterday and then, when spotted, throwing their arms up in the air and taking a step back. Might explain the line speed of their defence.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Crumbie Deeks wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:11 am Thought Chiefs players spent a lot of time offside at the breakdown yesterday and then, when spotted, throwing their arms up in the air and taking a step back. Might explain the line speed of their defence.
Yep, I expect Richie McCaw is disgusted.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

TheRock wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:56 pm Our defence does not fill me with confidence especially against a team like Exeter.
Wells may be cited after picture appeared to show contact around the eye area of Mike Brown
Thacker and smith looked like they came off injured against quins, probably hear if they're fit later in the week.
I wonder if that is Quins getting their retaliation in first - Brown's aggression went beyond the competitive. The 'shove' to May's face after the Veainu try warranted a look IMHO.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Chiefs looked awesome against Wasps but Wasps didn't play well. I agree with other posters if BOC is fit then he must play at No. 7, I thought Williams had a good game at 6 but I would have Tom Croft on the subs bench so we can bring him on if we have trouble in the line out. Otherwise the same team as last Saturday with the exception
of the subs bench as I believe Tait will be out for a couple of weeks because of injury, so I would pick Holmes to take his place on the subs bench.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I too, would find room for Croft in the matchday squad.
I find it hard to believe he's not featured at all this season.
Maybe he'll play in tonight's "A" fixture. Is, let's hope he has a blinder!
Semper in excretia
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:15 pm I too, would find room for Croft in the matchday squad.
He's had a back problem fairly reputable sources state. Why the club won't share this information I don't know. Maybe they don't know how serious it is and so don't know what to say. Maybe it's none of our business. He's not listed in the 23 for tonight. Maybe this is one injury too far.
Last edited by ourla on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

ourla wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:36 pm
Robespierre wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:15 pm I too, would find room for Croft in the matchday squad.
He's had a back problem fairly reputable sources state. Why the club won't share this information I don't know. Maybe they don't know how serious it is and so don't know what to say. Maybe it's none of our business. As you say let's see if he plays tonight.
He's not but Will Evans is.
Soggypitch
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I'm not sure they looked awesome against Wasps they looked good against a poor Wasps outfit and we beat a side who had similarly beaten Wasps at the Ricoh the week before. Man for man we are at least as good a squad, so it is who turns up on the day and we are at home, but there is no way they should be 20 points better than us