Tigers v Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by HantsTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:54 pm The ref is having an absolute nightmare. That's as polite as I can be.....
I thought he was against us until he binned Salvi and now he seems to have turned on them. At least he's poor for both!
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Well it's not pretty but it's a win!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Well played again lads. Thought the back row and centres tackled really well. Mat T is as good in defence as in attack. Smithy just gives his all. Heads up rugby for the two tries. Only down side is the old man's had the last of the
Remy.

Kraken time. Take what you can, give nothing back.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

HantsTiger wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm Well it's not pretty but it's a win!
Lashing down with rain against the league champions. What more do you want there's some on here reckoned we would loose by 20 points
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Despite some iffy calls, it was a good win. Well done to the lads. Have to say, I am seriously impressed with May...
Hopefully Welford Rd is becoming a fortress again.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Gutsy win.

A few injuries though
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Well played. Best performance against one of the best teams. Although we were lucky, Malouf should of had a yellow and we road our luck at times.

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Anyone know why MOC was so animated at the end on the touch line. Appeared to have something to do with the HIAs
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Harry wells has been our best second row this season.
Says a lot about how well he has played and how bad Kitchener and Barrow have been.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

My bottle of Rémy is also empty so a bottle of Buzet is awaiting!!

After a lively start by the Chiefs, Tigers stuck to their guns with a solid defence that didn't fail them all match.
The only worrying point was the number of penalties conceded.
'Tis building nicely for Castres in three weeks - can't wait (providing Ryanair don't cancel my flight :smt013 )
Semper in excretia
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:02 pm
HantsTiger wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm Well it's not pretty but it's a win!
Lashing down with rain against the league champions. What more do you want there's some on here reckoned we would loose by 20 points
It was more tongue in cheek than a complaint, believe me! I meant not pretty from the point of view that in the first half we were quite loose.

Once the rain set in we looked more settled and with Chiefs chasing the game we were able to rely on our defence (How often have we said that in the last 2 years?!)
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Superb win. Errors on both sides and some dodgy refereeing. Physicality right up there, led by Hamilton who was superb, along with Kalamafoni and Wells. Lineout much much better. Toomua again pivotal, his tackle in the first half was brilliant...on Yeandle ? We took our chances, they didn't.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:55 pm My bottle of Rémy is also empty so a bottle of Buzet is awaiting!!

After a lively start by the Chiefs, Tigers stuck to their guns with a solid defence that didn't fail them all match.
The only worrying point was the number of penalties conceded.
'Tis building nicely for Castres in three weeks - can't wait (providing Ryanair don't cancel my flight :smt013 )
Have to go foraging in the cellar. I have a feeling there's some Gaillac in there still!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:00 pm Superb win. Errors on both sides and some dodgy refereeing. Physicality right up there, led by Hamilton who was superb, along with Kalamafoni and Wells. Lineout much much better. Toomua again pivotal, his tackle in the first half was brilliant...on Yeandle ? We took our chances, they didn't.
Yes it was Yeandle and it was a hell of a hit, as was Fords on Slade towards the end.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Delighted ! . We have a terrific combination at 9,10,12 and if the forwards play like that on a regular basis we will be fine . Sure , Exeter missed some chances but our defence was excellent - Kalamafoni really doing well .