Send them to Coventry

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Send them to Coventry

Post by Scuttle »

I am still new to the Forum and did expect it to be light hearted, a bit of banter maybe, with a few erudite rugby commentaries. But as many have noted, some on here are very negative. Perhaps those who are defensive, despondent or disputatious should be sent to Coventry....where they can get stung by a Wasp.
As Good As It Gets
Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Send them to Coventry

Post by Roly »

Scuttle wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:42 pm I am still new to the Forum and did expect it to be light hearted, a bit of banter maybe, with a few erudite rugby commentaries. But as many have noted, some on here are very negative. Perhaps those who are defensive, despondent or disputatious should be sent to Coventry....where they can get stung by a Wasp.
Or perhaps to N Korea, where your attitude to free speech appears to have originated.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scuttle wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:42 pm I am still new to the Forum and did expect it to be light hearted, a bit of banter maybe, with a few erudite rugby commentaries. But as many have noted, some on here are very negative. Perhaps those who are defensive, despondent or disputatious should be sent to Coventry....where they can get stung by a Wasp.
As with any other forum that is supposed to be a medium for meaningful discussion - I choose the adjective loosely? It is a place to 'vent ones spleen' good or bad? There will always be those that supposedly know better than others; those that should be kept well away from a draw of sharp knives; those that really could benefit for a room with padded walls; those that are so 'one-eyed', Cyclops was a mere infant; those that cannot embrace change even though it is blatantly staring one in the face. But hey? living in our so-called democracy, freedom of speech is paramount and we should as we do on this forum respect each other for our views? Woe be the day that we succumb to a Stepford lifestyle and become different and imobilized robots. As for the Wasps - they got stung on Saturday!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Roly wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:02 pm
Or perhaps to N Korea, where your attitude to free speech appears to have originated.
As my post says I welcome banter and commentary (free speech etc). You prove my point beautifully; it is not what some people say that is the issue, it is how they say it.
As Good As It Gets
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Scuttle I tend to use the ignore feature a lot, it makes for a more satisfying experience and I don't have to listen to incessant negativity. I have always been a positive person and find that makes for much happier life. Constructive criticism seems to be lost art, some seem to prefer the "off with your head" attitude, I wonder if we applied it to them it would work?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Scuttle wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:24 pm
Roly wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:02 pm
As my post says I welcome banter and commentary (free speech etc). You prove my point beautifully; it is not what some people say that is the issue, it is how they say it.
And it certainly isn't within your remit to take issue with free speech, or to incite or influence others to share your opinion.

You perhaps should look at what I posted, and then your response, and then look up irony in the dictionary. And if you don't like what I've written, don't go crying to anyone - your original post was presumably written to illicit response on the subject. Good (sharing your opinion) or bad (any other response).
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

A lot of posts are tongue in cheek, however, some choose to look over that and cherry pick the contentious points and get personal in response.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Discussion around the topic in question is fine and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Getting personal is not acceptable and all users views should be respected.

Lets keep things on the topic and stay away from personal insults / snipes.

Thanks

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:44 am Discussion around the topic in question is fine and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Getting personal is not acceptable and all users views should be respected.

Lets keep things on the topic and stay away from personal insults / snipes.

Thanks

:smt023
The forum is much better than in the past, when it was simply a vehicle for sniping between 3 or 4 individuals. I have two on 'ignore', although not on all devices, alas. One is our expert on free speech.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Scuttle get over to the best Rugby forum bar none! Light on modding,heavy on laughs,true friendships made with jollys out,all areas of rugby covered. Takes two minutes to sign up