Hotel and car park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hotel and car park

Post by MrPartridge »

I can't locate all the details but I've seen quite few posts now talking about the necessity for Tigers to build a hotel and car park at the ground.

I can't comment on the hotel but certainly last season Tigers had a deal with the hospital for fans to park at their new car park over the road. And yet hardly any did. I don't know if fans don't know about this hence the low uptake but I'm not sure why some see a car park as a priority if the current uptake is pretty low.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hotel and car park

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

MrPartridge wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 am I can't locate all the details but I've seen quite few posts now talking about the necessity for Tigers to build a hotel and car park at the ground.

I can't comment on the hotel but certainly last season Tigers had a deal with the hospital for fans to park at their new car park over the road. And yet hardly any did. I don't know if fans don't know about this hence the low uptake but I'm not sure why some see a car park as a priority if the current uptake is pretty low.
A hotel and car park in the city centre has the potential to create revenue 365 days a year, not just provide parking for the ~16 home games a season.

The budget for purchasing the land and developing is money from a seperate pot than players' wages so it's not like the money could have been spent there - although there is an argument it could be spent on training facilities, dieticians, strength and conditioning coaches etc.