Blaze gone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Blaze gone

Post by westwinds31 »

Sad news, really hope his decision wasn't influenced by some on here calling for his head after 3 games- good luck in the future
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Blaze gone

Post by strawclearer »

I would hope that Brett Deacon and Tom Croft can now get the lineout sorted in double-quick time!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Suspect it may have been as a result of recent forwards performance, perhaps given the opportunity to resign rather than being pushed.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:22 pm Sad news, really hope his decision wasn't influenced by some on here calling for his head after 3 games- good luck in the future
I'm not quite sure which part of 'he was doing a terrible job' some people don't understand.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I hope he lands a better role in the future!
Unfortunate for him, there isn't a coach on the planet who can build a tank from mini parts!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Thanks and good luck Richard
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Gotta say "personal reasons" seems to equate with we are playing pants. Unless of course our lineout is pants because Blaze is physically or mentally elsewhere and as a result the coaching has been really poor. Let's hope we have another Boris where somebody comes in and turns it on it's head. If that happened we could be a threat to all!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:22 pm Sad news, really hope his decision wasn't influenced by some on here calling for his head after 3 games- good luck in the future
I certainly hope that Tigers Management do not consult this forum when making strategic decisions? If they do or have then we may as well pack it all in and find some other club to follow. IMO the writing has been on the wall since last season regarding the line out and forward play in general. The Tigers need someone really experienced to make sure the remedial actions are put in place asap.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Let's hope he is not replaced by yet another Tiger........hang on.....breaking news replaced "temporarily" by Brett Deacon. Hope we get an experienced and capable forwards coach who is not given the job simply because he played for Tigers.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

sapajo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:30 pm Let's hope he is not replaced by yet another Tiger........hang on.....breaking news replaced "temporarily" by Brett Deacon. Hope we get an experienced and capable forwards coach who is not given the job simply because he played for Tigers.
Need to search out the best in the business, and it he's not available then the next best. And so, and so forth. We may be able to "trust" internal promotions and they may know the "tigers way" but that isn't always the best is it.

Yes Brett will do an OK job "temporarily" but we really need a decent, experienced forwards coach.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Blazey started coaching the lineout in 2008 for most of the years since that part of Tigers game has been pretty good, last year with the discord between Cockers and Mauger something went wrong, this season the lineout has been shambolic. Tom Youngs and Harry Thacker are normally pretty accurate when throwing in so I think it is simplistic to put the blame on the hookers but something is clearly wrong and must be sorted. I don't care if the next lineout coach is a former player for us, Cornish Pirates, Munster or the Brumbies, I just want someone that can do the job and instruct the forwards clearly and concisely in words they can understand and teach them to catch the pill and not flap a hand at it. Then all we have to do is get the scrum half in the right position.
Good luck to Richard Blaze in whatever he does next, if he stays in rugby I expect him to prove a lot of people wrong.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Brett Deacon is a logic temp coach.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Dear Board,

If you're reading this and are influenced by this forum. 2 things.

Number one: You have an excellent line out operator sitting with you all. Send him down to Oval Park to do sessions with our locks in both calling, and reading line outs. Doesn't have to get in the way of his media commitments, but will help our lads ten fold.

Number two: This appointment is vital. It needs to be the right guy. Someone who won't mix up the messages from Matt, but equally will be prepared to point out to Matt if he's doing something wrong. He needs to inspire the players. They don't need to like him, they just need to respect him.

You also need to look at yourselves. Most of us could tell you our pack was in need of a shake up, and if you were insistent on bringing x-factor backs into the club you should have changed the forwards coach as part of your review. 3 games into the season is a little too late in my mind.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I fell bad but ultimately something had to give, Croft should become player/coach of the lineout imo
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Top notch forwards coach more important than signing player/s to my mind
I'm not cynical just experienced