Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Blaze gone

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 am
tigerburnie wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:34 am Take my hat off to BFG, a lot of good analysis, you remind me of a knowledgeable Tigers fan that used to be in the majority on here, then came the keyboard warriors seeking to reflect in the teams glory. Pretty much every long standing poster from here has now gone, also a lot that wanted Cockers sacked seemed to have vanished as well, once they'd seen him go, as if they were not interested in the team at all. Makes you wonder ?
+1 There are some very nasty pieces of work on here. Never a good word to say. For whatever reasons it has not worked out for Richard Blaze. The guy was a player who had his career cut short by an injury whilst a Tigers player and took up coaching. The Board and DoR must have seen enough in him to give him the job as forwards coach. There was a time when virtually the whole pack was made up of Internationals but Richard did not have that luxury. Instead of rejoicing we should be thanking Richard and wishing him all the best for the future. Waiting for Roly to trudge out his bile!
To be fair TB I think a good few of them have unfortunately passed away...the only people that generally have time for the forum are either retired or work in an office where it is possible imo
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MrG wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:03 pm For all those calling for the return of Brad Thorn, whilst he was undoubtedly a great forward I'm sure even he would agree that line outs were not particularly his specific area of expertise.
He played for Tigers that is all that matters :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

He was such a lovely guy and will be missed at the club. I had the privilege of being his sponsor when he was a player with us and even after the sponsorship ended, he would always come up to me and have a chat.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

For those saying he jumped before he was pushed , Moc own words

"Brett Deacon takes on the forwards coaching role this week following the decision of Richard Blaze to step down for personal reasons.

“It is incredibly disappointing from a club perspective and from my personal perspective because Richard is a really good friend and a good coach,” O’Connor said. “He has been in the environment a long time and has done a fantastic job. We respect his wishes and understand the reasons behind that.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Speculation! Idle speculation. That's all I read these days. We're as bad as football. Whatever the reason for the departure I wish the bloke well.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

personally I don't think MOC would put an ultimatum of to be sacked or resign to Blaze maybe the personal reasons was the backlash he got from Leicester's poor lineout. If that is the case then everyone, including me for that matter, should be disappointed in themselves. Personally, I believe that he was the issue for the lineout I thought the drills were sometimes easily readable. I believe that the drills were too hardly drilled into the players and then they didn't k how to adapt to certain situations
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

I personally don't think it been right, way that fans are so quick to turn on coachs and players these last two seasons seem more and more like football, to see a coach step down after 3 bad games I find crazy especially after last year when it was our forwards with mostly the same players and coachs who almost got us to the premiership final. That being said fans don't make the decision at the club and so the board need to get a grip they seem to be basing many of there decisions on what is read on forums like this and just sacking people and on find the problems and putting the right people in place.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Understandably when we consider the lineout, most of the focus is on the caller, the jumpers or the hooker. However, a notable absentee from last season is one Marcos Ayerza - "an unbelievable lineout lifter" to quote Kitch!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:33 pm Understandably when we consider the lineout, most of the focus is on the caller, the jumpers or the hooker. However, a notable absentee from last season is one Marcos Ayerza - "an unbelievable lineout lifter" to quote Kitch!
However Marcos missed much of that time so not convinced that this explains things.

Could it be that most coaches have a finite time before their ideas become stale and the ability to motivate and engage players they have been involved with tails off?

Then you change the players or the coach and possibly both.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

We'll only sort the Line out out when O'Connor includes Croft in the team and that's final.
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

mol2 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:58 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:33 pm Understandably when we consider the lineout, most of the focus is on the caller, the jumpers or the hooker. However, a notable absentee from last season is one Marcos Ayerza - "an unbelievable lineout lifter" to quote Kitch!
However Marcos missed much of that time so not convinced that this explains things.

Could it be that most coaches have a finite time before their ideas become stale and the ability to motivate and engage players they have been involved with tails off?

Then you change the players or the coach and possibly both.
Blaze has been coaching at the club for some while, if he were a poor coach he would have been found out earlier.

It isn't that the line-out doesn't work at all, in fact there are periods in the game where it works fine (I'm guessing an 80% success rate, perhaps 60% going as planned). The issue is failure at critical points. IMHO that is symptomatic of a side not yet fully confident of it's processes - the pressure and an element of uncertainty causes error. Probably, as has been said, due to change in players, perhaps also due to a change of emphasis in refereeing?

It's not coaching per se, they all know what to do, it's execution under pressure that is the problem. I bet the line outs are going fine in training. IMHO game time and training pitch scenarios will fix it. Ideally before the Exeter game!
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

With everything that is going on in Tom Youngs personal life I just think his head is somewhere else, he just seems a shadow of his former self.
His throwing to the line out has been below average that said the line calling has been very poor to, as someone has already said why can't we tap into Ben Kay as he sits on the board?😀
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Please remind me what is Ben Kays coaching record! He is an excellent bloke and a good commentator and was a brilliant player but I don't recall him coaching. Richard Blaze was our lineout coach foe several years under Cocker and things worked fine. Last year things did not work out and with Cocker moving on he became forwards coach. I don't know why he has resigned but it maybe that he was just not enjoying the life anymore, whatever he does in the future I wish him every success and happiness!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Shame that he couldn't have gone out in a Blaze of Glory :-D :smt043

I'll get my coat... :smt004
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

G.K wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:35 pm Shame that he couldn't have gone out in a Blaze of Glory :-D :smt043

I'll get my coat... :smt004
You're on fire.....oops !