Blaze gone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Blaze gone

Post by physiodan »

Bring back Brad Thorne. Say no more. Once a world class player, has Tigers experience and is becoming a renowned coach. Also speaks the same language a MOC.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott11 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:22 pm Great news! Have people conveniently forgotten our joke maul,defensively and attacking too? If your feeling down stick our game on against R92 in France for some comedy attacking mauls!
We did mess up the last play against Bath for the win and similarly a late play against Gloucester for the BP, as well as several other lineout plays in the latter game when we went for the corner rather than 3 points; all tactically correct, if flawed in execution. The team obviously still have confidence to go for attacking lineouts and must feel it will pay off/come right. Maybe we just need to ride a rough patch that is particularly bad at the moment (accepting it creaked a bit last season) and let the team work through their difficulties. Confidence is everything in rugby and if they stop using such tactics confidence will fall further with inevitable results.
As Good As It Gets
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

physiodan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:22 am Also speaks the same language a MOC.
Chinese?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Opinion on this will obviously be split by the belief or not that this group of players can be coached to the level required, and that is currently matching the best of the best.
In some cases I would say yes they do have the potential to improve with coaching but I'm afraid in other cases it's pretty obvious that some will not, you can't blame coaches where such inability to improve to the level required exists!
The biggest issue IMO is physicality, we have it but can't sustain it on the same level as others, that's not a technical coaching issue IMO!
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

I am really not sure if the 1st choice guys are really up to it.
Barrow seems great around the park but not so good in the tight and I really don't understand why we let Slater go but kept Kitch as he really didn't cut it last term and again it looks the same, to lightweight and never seems switched on at line outs.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

big john wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 am I really don't understand why we let Slater go but kept Kitch
Simples, we wanted May and a compulsary part of the deal was Glos wanted Slater not Kitchener.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

Can't blame them really to be fair.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Take my hat off to BFG, a lot of good analysis, you remind me of a knowledgeable Tigers fan that used to be in the majority on here, then came the keyboard warriors seeking to reflect in the teams glory. Pretty much every long standing poster from here has now gone, also a lot that wanted Cockers sacked seemed to have vanished as well, once they'd seen him go, as if they were not interested in the team at all. Makes you wonder ?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:34 am Take my hat off to BFG, a lot of good analysis, you remind me of a knowledgeable Tigers fan that used to be in the majority on here, then came the keyboard warriors seeking to reflect in the teams glory. Pretty much every long standing poster from here has now gone, also a lot that wanted Cockers sacked seemed to have vanished as well, once they'd seen him go, as if they were not interested in the team at all. Makes you wonder ?
+1 There are some very nasty pieces of work on here. Never a good word to say. For whatever reasons it has not worked out for Richard Blaze. The guy was a player who had his career cut short by an injury whilst a Tigers player and took up coaching. The Board and DoR must have seen enough in him to give him the job as forwards coach. There was a time when virtually the whole pack was made up of Internationals but Richard did not have that luxury. Instead of rejoicing we should be thanking Richard and wishing him all the best for the future.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 am
tigerburnie wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:34 am Take my hat off to BFG, a lot of good analysis, you remind me of a knowledgeable Tigers fan that used to be in the majority on here, then came the keyboard warriors seeking to reflect in the teams glory. Pretty much every long standing poster from here has now gone, also a lot that wanted Cockers sacked seemed to have vanished as well, once they'd seen him go, as if they were not interested in the team at all. Makes you wonder ?
+1 There are some very nasty pieces of work on here. Never a good word to say. ........ Waiting for Roly to trudge out his bile!
You are a hypocrite, almost at every opportunity, when it comes to your responses to some other posters.

Still.

Plumtree ought to be looked at. A very good forwards coach, known to be searching for an AP stint and has the nous to be a head coach down the line.

Blaze's departure feels like it has been coming for a while. Increasingly limp forward displays, a pack not performing as the sum of its parts, an inconsistent scrum and shambolic line-out. Cockerill leaving was a make or break moment for Blaze, coming out of the DORs shadow. It seems to have been too much too soon for a young coach. He's a good man who had a very promising career sadly cut short by injury. Hopefully he goes away to a lower tier club, gains experience and comes back to the Prem a better coach. Having learnt from the forwards he did whilst playing he should certainly have some knowledge to transfer.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Wouldn't surprise me if Deacon got the job full time,he is a "tiger" after all!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott11 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 am Wouldn't surprise me if Deacon got the job full time,he is a "tiger" after all!
That's the worry?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
MrG
Tiger Cub

Post by MrG »

For all those calling for the return of Brad Thorn, whilst he was undoubtedly a great forward I'm sure even he would agree that line outs were not particularly his specific area of expertise.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I think I'm going to hibernate till Sat and Quins game.
I'm bemused by the micro managing of every decision the club makes or does not make.

I'm of the age "if you don't like it vote with ya feet".

Yes we all have an opinion but please lets all calm down a little....A Jack Daniels and a lay down - Ill feel better come Saturday. :smt018
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

The forwards coach can only work with the players he's given. As a club we tried to play a different style of game and I think we worked too hard on that and neglected the basics. If I were the forwards coach I would want Bateman to play hooker again for a while to bulk up the front row in the scrum also his throwing is no worse than any of the other hookers. We need to get cuter in the lineout open the gap a bit more and put the ball on our side of the centre line. We need to play the referee better and talk to him to find out what he wants and get better protection for the jumpers.