Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: A wish for just one player

Post by Roly »

Or Moeen Ali?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Thanks for all the replies ... true that one player does not make a team ... but that wasn't the game!!!

I acually really like the idea about Lawes, Lanchbury and especially Otoje ... could even be persuaded vs Billy V .. I might have to toss a coin between them ... I just feel we desparately need an out and out ball carrier and Billy V fits that bill best.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I'd go for Itoje - not just because we need a real second row but for the leadership and the drive to get stuck in that might be the talisman that Tigers need in the pack.

Someone mentioned Brits but why would we want the No2 at Sarries when we need a big hooker who can allow our international props to show their class and demolish their opponents rather than :censored: themselves out fighting for parity.
It's not just a strength issue - the height disparity between our props and hookers means that the hooker is not able to push forward in line with his props because he is so much shorter. Either the hooker pushes up or the props push down with the risk of penalties from the scrum collpsing.
In the modern game leaving the props to do all the pushing isn't enough. You need a powerful hooker and locks.