Tom Youngs yesterday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Tom Youngs yesterday

Post by ourla »

As much as I request the posters on here I would have thought professional coaches of many years experience would know if binding with Thacker was an issue or not. Are the posters here trying to tell me that the coaches since Harry has been at the club have all been negligent in picking him at hooker and that because of his physical stature it's a non starter?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ourla wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:09 pm As much as I request the posters on here I would have thought professional coaches of many years experience would know if binding with Thacker was an issue or not. Are the posters here trying to tell me that the coaches since Harry has been at the club have all been negligent in picking him at hooker and that because of his physical stature it's a non starter?
Ourla, I don't know the true answer to that but Harry has said he wants to play Hooker so in my opinion coaches are picking him there, recognising he is so very good in the loose, but are they just prepared to offset that asset against his hookers job, Hibbard really enjoyed himself when he came on and faced him in the scrum.
AusTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by AusTiger »

If there is a time to get Thacker into the scrum it is now while the new laws depower it so much. I reckon keeping Thacker at 2 with a bigger back row could provide us with that extra bit of pace around the breakdown that we need while allowing us to choose more ballast in the back row.
Mapa gets my vote for another bench spot against Quins.