Tigers Vs Gloucester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Vs Gloucester

Post by ellis9 »

It is a 3pm kick off on TV just like the following 3 games are.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Ah that's a bonus then
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Gloucester 4/1 to beat an out of sorts Tigers team. Question marks all over the pitch for us: inexperienced second-row, not sure on the Matt's at centre and Gloucester know all about our No 8 and have the insights from Slater and Balmain. They should probably have beat us in both games last season. 4/1 too big for me.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

MrPartridge wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:20 am Gloucester 4/1 to beat an out of sorts Tigers team. Question marks all over the pitch for us: inexperienced second-row, not sure on the Matt's at centre and Gloucester know all about our No 8 and have the insights from Slater and Balmain. They should probably have beat us in both games last season. 4/1 too big for me.
You could argue the opposite too - we know all about Slater, 36 and Purdy, and we have insights from Kalamafoni and May. Gloucester have been out of sorts for about 5 years.

That being said, at 4-1 I would probably fancy a bet on Glouc if I was a gambling man :smt003
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Tiglon - I agree with that. Insights will work both ways. But how a Tigers are 1/6 and +10 in the handicap based on current form is a joke.

I forgot to say in my first post our bench looks weak too. Other than Thacker and perhaps Harrison I don't see who comes on and adds a spark.

As for Croft - great player in his time but I would bet Manu has played more games in the last 3 seasons. Hope I'm proven wrong but would be surprised if he ever starts a league game again for us. Unless all our wingers get injured!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Regarding Croft..
Yes he has had an horrendous time with injury.All credit to his professionalism for the turn around.
When he has played he shows he still has the ability and drive to play. My counter argument would be Barrow and Kitch do not.
Therefore whether Croft is on a higher salary or not. A - he has earned that right. B - If he is fit play him. C - others should be in the firing line ahead of Tom Croft.
Just saying.............
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Nobody seems to know if Croft is injured, game ready or just there to run a coffee stall.

:smt017 :smt017 :smt017
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Has Tom been playing in the "A" league?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Better after 39mins, but those line out throws :smt009
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

We are definitely playing better - more urgency. But Gloucester are poor, very poor.

Scrums good, back play much better, but lineout still a huge worry. Several attacking lineouts gone AWOL and we've let Gloucester off the hook.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

well that phase of play was embarrassingly simple for Gloucester
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

have TMO's been told not to intervene like they have for the past few seasons or something?
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Take back everything I said at half time, other than the comment about our lineout being awful. Still a lot of work to do, that should have been an easy bonus point win after that start and dominance in the first 25 minutes.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

A win is a win, but weak, weak opposition. We'd have been punished by a stronger side. Really need to reconsider who starts for us in several positions.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Ugly game, terrible result! That's another point down on last season so 8 in total,lineout is the worse in the AP and thank God Gloc didn't turn up first half!