Tigers Vs Gloucester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Vs Gloucester

Post by drc_007 »

Looking at the stats, Tigers are now officially the worst performing line out in the premiership.

Added to which once Cole and Genge went off the scrum also struggled.

Forwards are still pretty poor, once they get tired the set-piece just falls apart.

Great intensity in the first half but I don't know if they got tired or let their foot off the gas but second-half was poor.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Scott11 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:59 pm Ugly game, terrible result! That's another point down on last season so 8 in total,lineout is the worse in the AP and thank God Gloc didn't turn up first half!
In fairness, a terrible result would have been a third loss!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I thought we dominated until Toomua went off. We lacked leadership and our defence just wasn't as dominant in the second half.

Good debut from Mapapalangi he looks a real ball carrier. Our pack certainly improved this week just need to keep improving.

Lineout didn't work well but with two junior locks and Slater there knowing all our calls that wasn't a massive surprise. We did miss Kitch. Wells played well though, very aggressive.

Bateman will be lucky to be close to the team for next week. He came on and our scrum went backwards. Again, second week in a row, taking the ball in on his own and getting turned over. This time it ruined what seemed a certain try.

Matt Smith was my man of the match. He smashed everything in defence and solid in attack.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Why compare it to points last season at this stage?

It's pointless really at least wait till half way.
I mean this time last year we played a extra easier game at this time.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:05 pm I thought we dominated until Toomua went off. We lacked leadership and our defence just wasn't as dominant in the second half.

Good debut from Mapapalangi he looks a real ball carrier. Our pack certainly improved this week just need to keep improving.

Lineout didn't work well but with two junior locks and Slater there knowing all our calls that wasn't a massive surprise. We did miss Kitch. Wells played well though, very aggressive.

Bateman will be lucky to be close to the team for next week. He came on and our scrum went backwards. Again, second week in a row, taking the ball in on his own and getting turned over. This time it ruined what seemed a certain try.

Matt Smith was my man of the match. He smashed everything in defence and solid in attack.
The lineout was useless with Kitchener in the team the previous two weeks.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm Looking at the stats, Tigers are now officially the worst performing line out in the premiership.

Added to which once Cole and Genge went off the scrum also struggled.

Forwards are still pretty poor, once they get tired the set-piece just falls apart.

Great intensity in the first half but I don't know if they got tired or let their foot off the gas but second-half was poor.
Hopefully the Rizzo loan doesn't become more permanent. A genuine option to rotate/rest Genge, Logo and Cole will be needed sooner rather than later. The option of Bateman back at hooker would be interesting too.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Why compare? Because it's by far the best way to guage the season. You just substitute the promoted team for the relegated team.8 points down already means that points have to be pulled back v last season's top 3,Bath and Sale away as well as BP. Quin's away next,4 points needed at least,it's the way I'm doing it and will continue to do so!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott11 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:25 pm Why compare? Because it's by far the best way to guage the season. You just substitute the promoted team for the relegated team.8 points down already means that points have to be pulled back v last season's top 3,Bath and Sale away as well as BP. Quin's away next,4 points needed at least,it's the way I'm doing it and will continue to do so!
It's only the best gauge if you compare it to performances against the same teams IMO.

Glous (A), Wasps (H), Falcons (A) last season was an easier start last season than Bath (H), Saints (A), Glous (H) IMO.

and the points only tell half the story we had no right beating Glous and Falcons last season IMO, and Wasps spanked us hard at home.

yeh Sam not sure Kitch has shown himself to be a lineout general this season so far.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Last season: bath h, Saints a,Gloc h=13 points
This season: bath h, Saints a,Gloc h=5 points
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

That's the way I am doing it lol
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Strange to be disappointed after a 14 point victory. It was a real mixed bag. Definite improvement on last week for me. But jeez, the lineout.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

To be honest I thought it was a very similar performance to the last two weeks, just we faced a worse opposition.

How many opportunities did we waste for the forth try?

Fair play to the two young locks, both played well. Although our lineout is still appalling.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

It's very simple,we are gonna have to match last season's results just to break even and finish fourth. If we lose points then they have to be made up elsewhere,it's by far the best way to do it imo.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Much better but lots to work on. Saw Kitchener at Worcester last night and he looked fine, although it could be concussion I guess ? Glaws and Ackerman moaning about the ref.....normal service resumed.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:35 pm Much better but lots to work on. Saw Kitchener at Worcester last night and he looked fine, although it could be concussion I guess ? Glaws and Ackerman moaning about the ref.....normal service resumed.
Ref was :censored: all round first half :censored: for glaws, second half :censored: for us.

They had a clear YC missed.

Kitchener was a HIA i believe.