Time for the fans to show true Tigers' Spirit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Time for the fans to show true Tigers' Spirit

Post by Ian Cant »

Well- most of us who are realists knew the pack- poorly coached for the last few years- would struggle to be aggressive enough to provide Stella backs with decent ball. The backbone of all that was positive last season was senselessly removed: Owen Williams, Burns, Slater and the one bloke who got turn overs, McCaffery. But as my wife told me, time to move on!However the only thing we can do is get behind our team from the start to the end of the next game. I believe if the right attitude is applied by the forwards Tigers can compete: sadly we also know the Board really must get better coaches in and, like it or not, only play those who want that shirt- this may mean playing Wells, Thacker, Brady and Evans. I am not optimistic about next week but will roar as loud as I can. Be proud be loud and hope the players respond.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Time for the fans to show true Tigers' Spirit

Post by sapajo »

Nice sentiment and I shall put my unhappiness over the continuing omnishambles that pervades our club behind me and vocalise my support as always. Brakes my heart that Saints can raise their game against us and we can no longer do so.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Yes Burns was treated disgracefully,never wanted to leave but was forced out!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I had put wanting to wear the shirt was not enough otherwise Freddie would still be here!
Small screen, fat fingers and several beers later and it was gone.
I'd fear for those named in the latter part of the OP were they all on at the same time at this level.
Tigers are being outmuscled and I don't see those named latterly being outmuscled any less.
Those in the first part of the OP however are sorely missed, a slightly flaky squad has been made more flaky!
Wells is worth a go IMO, big lad which is what we need, just as long as not soft with it!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

A lot clamoured for change and we got change, now we have to suck it up and see, whilst those who have gone seem to be prospering.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:13 pm A lot clamoured for change and we got change, now we have to suck it up and see, whilst those who have gone seem to be prospering.
Yep we got change but do not assume it's the change that every supporter wanted. Nothing like sweeping generalisations.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I didn't want a change at all.

By the way, we never lost at home to Bath under Cockerill and haven't lost in a few years at Franklins Gardens.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I'll be supporting Tigers come what may. I was born here it has always been "my club".
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Yep, me too, though living several hundred miles away means it's distant support these days.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Always supported Tigers - always will.
We've had lean seasons and played poorly but have had a Tigerish attitude even through losses.

Lately we don't know who we are as a team. No Tigerish spirit evident and apparently leaderless. Except for chipping away at Sir.
Static on the field, can't compete at the breakdown,no running forward play and heavens forbid no lineout base.Scrum is effective basically through Genge and Thacker hooking and punching above his weight.

The fans are showing more bite than the team.
My worry is I can't see where we can improve.

As I say The fans are showing Tiger spirit - The squad as yet NOT :smt013
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

We were annihilated under Cockeril by teams too, completely embarrassing at times Bath away twice, Glasgow at home ,Munster away,Sarries away many more Ellis!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

While the supporters will, as always, show true tigers spirit, the coaches especially the forwards coach need to up their game significantly!! Two game of forwards organisational :censored:. There are IMO no 'generals' out there in the 8, none. Someone needs to step up and take control. To lose at FG given the talent on paper the Tigers have is all the more embarrassing!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:32 am We were annihilated under Cockeril by teams too, completely embarrassing at times Bath away twice, Glasgow at home ,Munster away,Sarries away many more Ellis!
Bringing Cockers back will only cause chaos. Knee-jerk reaction will cause the Tigers to lose more games. Cohen needs to go shopping for a forwards coach that can correct the current coaching errors that the Tigers now display. Nothing personally against Blaze but what pedigree does he have to coach a 1st XV of any Prem club? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Because at the moment I struggle to see how he could even get a job at Nat 1 level?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:48 am
Scott11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:32 am We were annihilated under Cockeril by teams too, completely embarrassing at times Bath away twice, Glasgow at home ,Munster away,Sarries away many more Ellis!
Bringing Cockers back will only cause chaos. Knee-jerk reaction will cause the Tigers to lose more games. Cohen needs to go shopping for a forwards coach that can correct the current coaching errors that the Tigers now display. Nothing personally against Blaze but what pedigree does he have to coach a 1st XV of any Prem club? Perhaps someone can enlighten me?
From what I remember Blaze was a Tigers forward who suffered a career ending foot injury. He stayed on with club and took up coaching. I'm not aware that he has done any coaching elsewhere.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Plumtree has been mentioned,break the bank for him. Anyone got Cohen's email?!