Time for the fans to show true Tigers' Spirit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Time for the fans to show true Tigers' Spirit

Post by Crofty »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:32 am We were annihilated under Cockeril by teams too, completely embarrassing at times Bath away twice, Glasgow at home ,Munster away,Sarries away many more Ellis!
You keep saying this, but it wasn't week after week. Unless there is a significant turn about in the next game it moves from the odd howler like we used to get into something far more concerning.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

My point is Ellis train of thought is that this wouldn't be happening if Cockers was here which is complete pish! Anyone with half a brain could see the regression in his final two years!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I wore my Tigers top to our local club this morning, there was no gloating just sympathy that a once great club was in decline.

Not sure it made me feel any better.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:59 pm My point is Ellis train of thought is that this wouldn't be happening if Cockers was here which is complete pish! Anyone with half a brain could see the regression in his final two years!
I disagree Scott, he lost two Britsh Lions to injury in Croft and Manu and one on the verge in Slater, an Australian international who they desperately tried to convince to stay in Toomua and a big Samoan prop in Mulipola who it was rumoured at the time was playing so well that the big French clubs were admiring.
All coincided with a quite deliberate drop off in academy quality whilst connected coaches got their sons through the system and other clubs becoming cash rich and competitive for top signings and some of ours were pinched away like Parling.
It was an already difficult job made extremely difficult!
And not forgetting he also lost another British Lion to injury for a long spell!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:32 am We were annihilated under Cockeril by teams too, completely embarrassing at times Bath away twice, Glasgow at home ,Munster away,Sarries away many more Ellis!
Do you know, it's posts like these that get my goat up. Perhaps those who attended WR for years will remember that not only did RC rescue us twice after the Board had previous brainfarts but until the last year or so we had a good record at FG and against Barf. What did happen was we lost a generation of personnel who had known how to win, and weren't former academy pamper-boys. That's not my opinion alone, it was voiced by one current WR person, one former player and a former Bath international separately. They all predicted a slow downturn despite RC, because they thought the coaching team wasn;t good enough and Tigers weren't spending the £££ on players that were needed.
I would point out we have been 'annihilated' under other coaches (including Deano) who also - like RC - won Euro and AP honours as DOR, possibly 2005-6 season for me a real bad one, going to Twickers as favourites and getting royally spanked.
So when criticising posters like Ellis9, get your history sorted.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Well thanks for the history lesson! We were going downhill fast under Cockers and just because I haven't been a ST holder as long as you it still makes my opinions perfectly valid! A post about right with he over 65 crowd that frequents WR,times change the constant inbred Leicester way is dead and this is what is holding us back!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

sapajo wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:33 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:13 pm A lot clamoured for change and we got change, now we have to suck it up and see, whilst those who have gone seem to be prospering.
Yep we got change but do not assume it's the change that every supporter wanted. Nothing like sweeping generalisations.
Or as some may say, be careful what you wish for
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Change,where?!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Canty you've no need to call the fans spirits into question as they are the best and most knowledgeable fans in the country. But whilst we can perhaps forgive the errors in the first two matches our patience is not limitless and we
needs a definite improvement this weekend together with a bonus point win so as not to lose even more ground on our main rivals.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Noddy555 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm we
needs a definite improvement this weekend together with a bonus point win so as not to lose even more ground on our main rivals.
London Irish and Worcester?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Missing the point.

The fans do show true Tigers spirit.

However we have an ever changing fan base that unlike us "Old Sweats" that have never seen the Club perform as we have.
They are possibly happy at attending a match and just seeing their Team.
Therefore if our club is to challenge and be great again it needs positive criticism from those who pay the Bill.

Just hope the Coaches Board and players respond in kind.
cowmadiddy

Post by cowmadiddy »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:48 am
Bringing Cockers back will only cause chaos. Knee-jerk reaction will cause the Tigers to lose more games. Cohen needs to go shopping for a forwards coach that can correct the current coaching errors that the Tigers now display. Nothing personally against Blaze but what pedigree does he have to coach a 1st XV of any Prem club? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Because at the moment I struggle to see how he could even get a job at Nat 1 level?
Completely agree about Blaze - even as a player he was good, but not amazing. Did they even offer the job out asking people to apply, or looking outside of tigers?
We need someone to really boss these forwards and push them to their limits and we need them to lose their place in the starting line up if their performance isn't good enough - I think actually a knee jerk reaction might be exactly what these guys need.