Injury Curse Strikes yet again

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger Cub

Re: Injury Curse Strikes yet again

Post by 1988 »

hi guys,

i work as a physiotherapist, watch the first minute of the game back. The first contact he made he limps away awkwardly. That is when he did the damage and spent the rest of the game avoiding contact when we didn't have the ball.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

GB72 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:03 pm I am no expert in this but is there any chance that some of this injury prone nature is due to our training and conditioning. I only mention it as I seem to recall that Jonny Wilkinson was permanently injured at Newcastle but did not have anywhere near the same level of problems after the move to Toulon. Maybe it was a different regime of training and conditioning that helped, could just be the climate.

Certainly not having a dig at the club, just think that maybe a total re-think of Manu's training and diet regime may be a possible answer but I am sure that the club have considered that.
I think with Jonny it was the change of climate that did him the world of good.

I seem to think Manu signed a 3 year deal in 2015 meaning January is when the vultures will begin to swirl. I personally think he should sign a 2 year deal in France, get decent rugby under his belt and then come back to England having established himself.

I dont want to see Manu in anything but a Tigers, England or Lions shirt but I now seriously believe he needs a change of scenery for his own well being.

Where it leaves us is anyones guess. Every man and his dog will know we'll need to replace him with World Class and that could mean agents/players ensuring they get the best possible deal.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

£600,000 is definitely enough to buy a suitable replacement for Manu, should the situation ever need to take place
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

I dont think we will ever see Manu again.
He is injury prone and thats just the start.
Tigers need to clear all thoughts about him ever returning and build for the future, by immediately signing a like for like replacement.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

What he needs is something to support his power as he is a high impact player.

I wonder if he's doing hot yoga, I appreciate it will make some of you laugh but it makes you highly supple which could be exactly what he needs.

Clearly whatever they're doing we need to change the techniques to give him a chance as his style of play is what made him great
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

ourla wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:24 am Well said johnthegriff
Agree totally, well said JG. Alas, this forum is filling up with the reject moaners ejected from elsewhere, methinks.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I've seen some terrible comments regarding this injury!
He came through very young and has done a lot already, it's not uncommon for very young talents like this to experience injury troubles mid-career.
I can imagine the kind of advice opposition are giving their players regarding tackles etc in the dark corners of changing rooms.
It's a cruel blow in a sometimes cruel sport and he deserves the exact same support that any player would expect, because he is highly paid should have no bearing on this, he is paid a lot because he gives a lot but people should really consider at what cost to his own health instead of being so uncaring, he is a human being as well as a sportsman.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Totally agree with BFG. I feel so sorry for Manu he is at his happiest on the rugby pitch and that has been taken from him again.
Looking to the future I think there are 2 decisions to be made. The commercial one by the club in terms of the salary he is taking up and that old chestnut value for money. For Manu, and his advisors would it be better for his own health moving to a warmer climate and a potentially better training and playing conditions for his muscled frame