Congratulations to Cockers!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Congratulations to Cockers!

Post by jgriffin »

Embra went to Cardiff having not won there for yonks and turned in a display that had the commentators purring over the resolute defence and discipline - qualities lacking heretofore, despite 4 previous coaches. 20-10 for Embra! Dragons up next - at this rate they'll have bettered last seasons effort by the end of October.
Well done Cockers!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Congratulations to Cockers!

Post by L Smith »

Congrats to Cocker.
Long may it last
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

L Smith wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:03 pm Congrats to Cocker.
Long may it last
"good game good game, didn't he do well"
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Side looked well organised and up for the match, which is markedly different from Edinburgh teams of the last few years. Promising start but still a lot to work on. Cockerill (and McRae, the defence coach) are, I hope, going to make a big difference at Edinburgh.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Well done Cockerill.

I'm not surprised he has got off to a good start. He is a top class coach after all.

Nice work Cockerill and well done Edinburgh!!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Gossip is he could be part of Scotland's coaching team as a forwards coach in the 6 nations
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

And another win for Cockers!! This time against Dragons. Just watched the second half on BBC Alba, flicking between that and the Sale v Falcons game where another ex-Tigers coach registered their second win of the season and is now currently top!
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

WirralExile wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:44 pm And another win for Cockers!! This time against Dragons. Just watched the second half on BBC Alba, flicking between that and the Sale v Falcons game where another ex-Tigers coach registered their second win of the season and is now currently top!
Watched the game throughout, Embra would've folded halfway through in previous seasons, much more resilient now.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Yes watching on Alba and listening in Gaelic is rather fun and I have been doing it on Friday nights for years. The last couple of weeks I have thought that the Gaelic commentator was talking in animated terms about an excellent centre called Christine. I know that women's rugby has come on leaps and bounds in recent years but I had not realised that it was good enough for a Christine to be playing full time professional male rugby in the pro 14!
Looked it up and Christine is in fact rather sadly CHRIS DEAN. He is quite handy as is their fullback. The pack seems solid and it's the best looking Edinburgh team I've seen for years. Well done indeed Cockers!!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

mightymouse wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:10 pm Yes watching on Alba and listening in Gaelic is rather fun and I have been doing it on Friday nights for years. The last couple of weeks I have thought that the Gaelic commentator was talking in animated terms about an excellent centre called Christine. I know that women's rugby has come on leaps and bounds in recent years but I had not realised that it was good enough for a Christine to be playing full time professional male rugby in the pro 14!
Looked it up and Christine is in fact rather sadly CHRIS DEAN. He is quite handy as is their fullback. The pack seems solid and it's the best looking Edinburgh team I've seen for years. Well done indeed Cockers!!
Beware of false dawns - Edinburgh won their first four games in one of Alan Solomon's seasons! Chris Dean looks to be showing some good work this season and Kinghorn at fullback is a special player who can find a line and get through it with exceptional acceleration. If Fruean can stay fit then he'll be a great addition, as will Mark Bennett assuming he recovers properly from his knee operation. The pack is a bit of an enigma, it's been the thing which at times in the last few years has flexed its muscle, but seems to be a bit flaky in the set piece this season. Having said that we're at 4th and 5th choice loose heads at the moment and Nel is coming back from a neck operation, so there's improvement to be had in there as well.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well done Richard.

Two words nearly an anagram Grit and Tiger -eeeeeeeeeee
Both run through him like a stick o rock.