Tigers vs Ospreys teams

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Tigers vs Ospreys teams

Post by kpj tiger »

Leicester Tigers squad (v Ospreys, Welford Road, Friday 7.45pm)

Forwards: Dom Barrow, Greg Bateman, Ben Betts, Will Evans, Mike Fitzgerald, Ellis Genge, Luke Hamilton, Sione Kalamafoni, Jamie Kerr, Graham Kitchener, Joe Maksymiw, Valentino Mapapalangi, Logovi’i Mulipola, Brendon O’Connor, Dominic Ryan, Harry Thacker, Kyle Traynor, Harry Wells, Mike Williams, Tom Youngs.

Backs: Tom Brady, George Ford, Joe Ford, Sam Harrison, Jonah Holmes, Nick Malouf, Jonny May, Matt Smith, Charlie Thacker, Matt Toomua, Manu Tuilagi, Mathew Tait, Telusa Veainu, Ben White, Ben Youngs.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Ospreys teams

Post by jgriffin »

Kitto? Croft? Those told they can go, is it, then? Owen been dumped - Will Owen I assume.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:29 pm Kitto? Croft? Those told they can go, is it, then? Owen been dumped - Will Owen I assume.
Nope Croft and kitto still here.

Croft started the first preseason game so knowing his luck might have a injury.
Kitto MOC seems very keen on the two academy 9's White and Simmons so he might now be behind them. (White looked very good last week IMO).

Owen isn't in the development squad so i guess so.

The worrying thing is where is Thombstone?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

The absence of Adam Thompstone and Gareth Owen is strange, maybe MOC feels that they don't need the game time as much as others?
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Jake Kerr and Kyle Traynor are names I'm unfamiliar with. Are they new signings or coming up through the ranks? Either way, it looks like a strong squad
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I'll reserve judgement until the real rugby gets going!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

AndyM wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:14 pm Jake Kerr and Kyle Traynor are names I'm unfamiliar with. Are they new signings or coming up through the ranks? Either way, it looks like a strong squad
Kerr former Scotland U20's hooker - Currently at Loughborough Uni played in the first preseason game.
Traynor - Former Scotland and bristol prop. Pretty much a journey man signing to cover props.

Think Traynor has a deal with Tigers and Kerr obviously on the radar though.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:44 pm The absence of Adam Thompstone and Gareth Owen is strange, maybe MOC feels that they don't need the game time as much as others?
Owen was walking around the ground in a suit last weekend so may be injured. Not sure about Thommo - his absence from the squad photo was quite strange.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm predicting a 35-15 win considering we are putting out close enough to our strongest XV
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

I can't recall seeing Thommo in any pre-season pictures or, as you say, on the squad photo.

My only guess is that he's either injured or on an extended break for whatever reason. If it is for personal reasons then perhaps that's why we've not had any mention of it from MOC.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

iceman_19 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am I can't recall seeing Thommo in any pre-season pictures or, as you say, on the squad photo.

My only guess is that he's either injured or on an extended break for whatever reason. If it is for personal reasons then perhaps that's why we've not had any mention of it from MOC.
Hope it doesn't mean he is on his way - I know we are well covered with wingers now(Holmes, Brady, Malouf, May, Veainu??) but he would still be my number 1 choice along with May.
Hehehehehehehehe
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:52 am
iceman_19 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am I can't recall seeing Thommo in any pre-season pictures or, as you say, on the squad photo.

Hope it doesn't mean he is on his way - I know we are well covered with wingers now(Holmes, Brady, Malouf, May, Veainu??) but he would still be my number 1 choice along with May.
Agree, but it must be highly unlikely he's on his way. He was player of the season last year and, like you say, is first choice. We need him on the wings to free up the likes of Veainu to cover fullback.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

My guess is he is injured or had to have slight op something that means he has to keep off his feet as he was in the early pre season pictures on 12 July. I would have thought we've of heard rumors if he was leaving, have about every other one. Maybe that's why they wanted may so badly to have an out and out 1st choice wing.
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

Haven't been able to get to the last two pre-season games. Believe Crofty captained us in Wales, not sure who was captain last week and no-one indicated as captain for tonight unless I've missed something. Any ideas who will be captain when the season proper begins?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Latecomer wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:30 pm Haven't been able to get to the last two pre-season games. Believe Crofty captained us in Wales, not sure who was captain last week and no-one indicated as captain for tonight unless I've missed something. Any ideas who will be captain when the season proper begins?
Bit of a revolving door last week, but Tom Youngs was certainly in charge when he was on the pitch, and baring anything unforeseen I would expect him to be captain v Bath.

Re Thompstone I would imagine a slight knock or op. Can't see we would let him go along with Betham and JPP