Ticket and cup fiasco

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by L Smith »

The caterers knew this would cause a problem. I ordered a pint at the whistle before the game and the lady explained what I needed to do. She was apologetic but, to be fair, armed with this information, I finished my pint, deposited my empty and collected my £1. There was no queue and although it felt like a barmy system, my world did not implode as a result.
It would be nice if the club could explain how this system is helping to improve the overall service, though.
...Especially for the punters who get the shakes if they experience a brief hiatus between drinks :smt044 :smt043
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Just take it home with you and bring it back next week washed. Bar wont take it back, but you can take it to refunds, we do this every week, I'm sure "search" wont stop you bringing in a plastic cup! :smt017
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Fiasco? Well that's what you get when you delegate even part of your control system to outside agencies such as
ticketmaster etc, As for contactless cards, well I've only recently come to terms with paying by debit card on the phone or the net. Contactless cards are not secure and are just another ruse thought up by banks to diddle you out of your savimgs.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

It is about the match day experience, I only have one or two pints pre match, followed by one or two after, I do not drink during the game unless it is to finish off a pre match pint. To return an empty cup from the Droglytes bar it is necessary to go outside, I pass the return point on my way to my seat at the far end of the Crumbie, I am usually under pressure for time a I need to be past the barrier across the tunnel about 10 minutes prior to kick off if I am not to miss the start. Being a generous person I have on occasion bought a drink for a friend or two and sometimes (not as often as I would like) they reciprocate, supplying me with a drink before the previous one has finished. it is not unknown for kids and unprincipled adults to find unattended cups and return them depriving the rightful owners of their deposit. it is not nice to take a beer into the toilet never mind a collection of glasses, I can see no reason why last years system of an empty cup plus money being exchanged for a full one cannot be reinstated.
I feel that the Tigers are trying very hard to solve the obvious problem that we have had with bar service without recognising that the entire cause is the quality and lack of experience of the staff recruited and their management.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

John, like you said last year you took your empty back to bar and they swapped dirty glass for a new clean full pint, storing dirty ones behind bar, was this a problem, possible contamination hazard? Or was it a case of some tills showing a pint at £4-20 and some at £5-20? Currently all tills will now show a pint at £5-20 all including the deposit, i.e. less confusion for operators and more accountable? The refund table will have X dirty glasses and X £s refunded, simple and easy to check one against other!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

IMO, it's quite simple. The club wants to:

a) maximise it's income
b) make the experience of coming to watch the tigers as good as it can be

It's clearly not doing that when it comes to catering and bar facilities at the ground and hasn't been doing so for some time.

This is a management issue.

Just taking the one point of not being able to hand in your used glasses when purchasing new drinks. If they can not to see that this is a PIA for the consumer and should not be a PIA for them to accommodate, then really there is a massive failure of management. There some difficulties in what they have to do (peaks and troughs of demand) but this is not one of them. And this sort of thing has been going on for some time.

I repeat this is a management failure and they are not being held to account by the board.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yes, we understand. It's the boards fault. As always! :smt015 :smt015
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Call me cynical but IMO there is no failure here regarding the returning of empties.
Charge £1 extra per pint, sell 20,000 pints and only 50% return their empties for their £1, that's £10,000 extra profit before deducting the minimal cost of supplying cheap plastic cups, very good business!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I used to take the 2 pint jugs home with the players on but even they are plain now, cheapskates! 😂
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BFG wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:25 pm Call me cynical but IMO there is no failure here regarding the returning of empties.
Charge £1 extra per pint, sell 20,000 pints and only 50% return their empties for their £1, that's £10,000 extra profit before deducting the minimal cost of supplying cheap plastic cups, very good business!
In the short term.
tigerkaine

Post by tigerkaine »

With the drinks problem I think the first thing to look at is the staff at the bars. I don't know how it is in the rest of WR but in the Mattioli Woods stand, service was terrible on Friday night. Waited 20 minutes to be served in a queue of ten people. Staff looked clueless! Just reminded me further as to why I tend not to bother with a matchday pint :smt018
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

tigerkaine wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:26 pm With the drinks problem I think the first thing to look at is the staff at the bars. I don't know how it is in the rest of WR but in the Mattioli Woods stand, service was terrible on Friday night. Waited 20 minutes to be served in a queue of ten people. Staff looked clueless! Just reminded me further as to why I tend not to bother with a matchday pint :smt018
This is where I disagree. If I employed you in my factory at a young age, on a low wage, gave you little training and minimal supervision and set you to work. And if you made an Horlicks of it. Would it be your fault or mine?

Btw, I don't own a factory!
tigerkaine

Post by tigerkaine »

ourla wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm
tigerkaine wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:26 pm With the drinks problem I think the first thing to look at is the staff at the bars. I don't know how it is in the rest of WR but in the Mattioli Woods stand, service was terrible on Friday night. Waited 20 minutes to be served in a queue of ten people. Staff looked clueless! Just reminded me further as to why I tend not to bother with a matchday pint :smt018
This is where I disagree. If I employed you in my factory at a young age, on a low wage, gave you little training and minimal supervision and set you to work. And if you made an Horlicks of it. Would it be your fault or mine?

Oh I agree with you 100%! However, you'd think that some kind of training must be given to those working behind the bars? If that is the case then something should be done by the employment team.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

tigerkaine wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:43 pm

Oh I agree with you 100%! However, you'd think that some kind of training must be given to those working behind the bars? If that is the case then something should be done by the employment team.
There was some guy on facebook whose daughter got a job there and he was saying they got very little training. When I was 17 I worked alone in an attended service petrol station, even cashed up and locked the place up at the end of the night. Sorry but it's down to management.
tigerkaine

Post by tigerkaine »

ourla wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:04 pm
tigerkaine wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:43 pm

There was some guy on facebook whose daughter got a job there and he was saying they got very little training. When I was 17 I worked alone in an attended service petrol station, even cashed up and locked the place up at the end of the night. Sorry but it's down to management.
That's a shame for people working there. Can't do much good for their morale either. Clearly something needs to change with regards to to management strategy