Ticket and cup fiasco

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by Mark62 »

Very few positive comments, if any. Maybe it is time to start voting with your feet.
The issue is not about whether or not you can go a couple of hours without a drink, but what you are allowed to take into the ground now due to health and safety.
Friday night I was rightly stopped from taking a can of refreshing beverage onto the terrace, by a very pleasant steward, who allowed me to drain it on the spot. Beer as far as I'm aware doesn't come in plastic bottles, therefore if you like a pint while watching the game you are a captive market.
It was noticeable from t.he queues outside the 2 fast food outlets on the Aylestone road that people are already doing thes with the expensive average quality food served in the ground
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

We went in the final whistle before the ospreys game to get a coffee only to be disappointed that 96 was closed... But what we did notice was 3 or 4 bar staff walking around the fans area with a sign saying cup return and collecting cups in and giving the refunds back , while also a mobile beer cart selling fosters, it all seemed like progress !!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:56 am Very few positive comments, if any. Maybe it is time to start voting with your feet.
The issue is not about whether or not you can go a couple of hours without a drink, but what you are allowed to take into the ground now due to health and safety.
Friday night I was rightly stopped from taking a can of refreshing beverage onto the terrace, by a very pleasant steward, who allowed me to drain it on the spot. Beer as far as I'm aware doesn't come in plastic bottles, therefore if you like a pint while watching the game you are a captive market.
It was noticeable from t.he queues outside the 2 fast food outlets on the Aylestone road that people are already doing thes with the expensive average quality food served in the ground
I've never really thought about taking beer in, are plastic bottles allowed these days?

A lot of lager is available in plastic bottles - from trade suppliers at least, not sure where you could find them retail, as they are obviously designed for outdoors on-trade venues, but Macro or similar might be worth a try.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

At many grounds you are not even allowed to take water in, and when purchasing inside the ground the top will be unscrewed by the server to prevent it being used as a weapon. I have heard that one or two people have objected to the bag search, this is for our protection in today's society, I hear that Manchester United have banned bags of any kind at their ground, we don't want that so lets all be courteous to the stewards doing that job.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

No problem whatsoever with a bag search - a unfortunate sign of our times - but where is the info regarding what we can and cannot take in with us? Often I would buy a couple of pints in the final whistle before the game and depending on chat and time would occasionally have a half left in the club plastic pot and would walk around the ground to enter the Crumbie with my beer - is this allowed or not???? If the club change the entry requirements then they should make it clear what they are.
Hehehehehehehehe
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:53 pm No problem whatsoever with a bag search - a unfortunate sign of our times - but where is the info regarding what we can and cannot take in with us? Often I would buy a couple of pints in the final whistle before the game and depending on chat and time would occasionally have a half left in the club plastic pot and would walk around the ground to enter the Crumbie with my beer - is this allowed or not???? If the club change the entry requirements then they should make it clear what they are.
There are some signs outside the turnstiles which indicate what is allowed to be taken into the ground.
No bottles, no cans. Plastic bottles are allowed but limited to 500 ml. Umbrellas are not permitted except mini ones. There are other restrictions which I cannot fully remember.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

So based on the last post if you can source plastic half litre bottles of ale you're sorted
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:34 am
ourla wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:04 pm
tigerkaine wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:43 pm

Oh I agree with you 100%! However, you'd think that some kind of training must be given to those working behind the bars? If that is the case then something should be done by the employment team.
There was some guy on facebook whose daughter got a job there and he was saying they got very little training. When I was 17 I worked alone in an attended service petrol station, even cashed up and locked the place up at the end of the night. Sorry but it's down to management.
Agreed! Letting a 17 year old work alone, be in control of all that cash and having to lock up at the end of the night is very bad management! Worse management than the one you are criticising about a bit of catering. You being on your own was a security risk, the management you're criticising have just got a bit of food and drink organisation wrong.
Congratulations, you've entirely missed the point.

My circumstances was that it was 1982/3 and I was working for a franchise run by a :censored: Brummy. Different times, different organisation. But the point was that at 17 I was able to take on tasks and responsibilities far greater than the those of the 17 year olds working the bars at Tigers. And trust me I was no sharp tack!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Time for my annual plug for the Regent club on regent road. Good inexpensive beer served in a timely fashion by a friendly steward. Cheap food in offer also. Comfy chairs and tvs to watch if you want. Full of like minded rugby folk to chat too.

I gave up on drinking at Tigers years ago when they stopped selling real ale in all but one bar, and allowed someone who clearly has no clue on how to run bars to be in charge and employ the dullest people in the world to work there.

Of course it is possible to get even the dullest to work behind a bar but then that would require training... something that has clearly never taken place.

Generally in my experience, companies should listen to their customers and act accordingly. Tigers don't care. I am only interested in the rugby therefore I only go to watch the rugby then leave.

The regent is £10 membership per year and worth every penny. I am nothing to do with them by the way, just a member whose interest is in keeping them going so they can keep fulfilling my need for good cheap beer a food close to the ground. Give them a try it sounds like you've given Tigers more than their fair chance to get their stuff together and they have failed.

I think like you the cup business is a scam .. once you have one or two why would you want more?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Mightymouse gave up drinking at the Tigers years ago so his comments are not necessarily relevant today, he prefers to drink somewhere else that's fine but how can the £1 deposit system used by many rugby clubs in the U.K and Europe be a scam, if you want to keep your cup it costs you just £1 if you don't it costs you nothing. Where is the scam?
Service, we know there is a problem, it needs sorting but I know the club are trying to solve the problem, the Regent Club may have a problem if several thousand required serving in a short time on just sixteen days a year.
I believe that on the whole Tigers do listen to their customers, they do not always come up with the right answers but they do try and they do care but sometimes the problems are not easy to solve. Our job is to let them know when they are wrong but we should be fair about it
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Thanks mightymouse I'll give the Regent a try. Their website says closed Sundays, but presumably open when there's a match on?

I agree it's not a scam John, but not being able to return your cup when you get a second pint is ridiculous, especially if there are queues at the end of the game to return cups.

I have 3 of the Tigers cups at home, plus two from Edgbaston I think, which are quite useful occasionally, but I don't want any more!!

As you say hopefully Tigers are listening and will revert to last seasons policy on Sunday.
Soggypitch
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

I think they might have reverted already.
Last Fridays friendly they were taking the cups back when refilling (at least they were in the Robin Hood).
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

dpoc74 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:27 pm I think they might have reverted already.
Last Fridays friendly they were taking the cups back when refilling (at least they were in the Robin Hood).
They were in the H&B bar and Final Whistle too; in fact they announced in the pre-match notice of the game on the website that they had reversed the policy following feedback from fans - hence listening and learning. :smt002
As Good As It Gets