Ticket and cup fiasco

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by ellis9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Scott11 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:33 pm
You do talk some guff sometimes Ellis 😉
How am I talking "guff"?
If people don't buy something, the business has to do something to change it so that people buy it again.

Maybe the part where I said people can go without a drink for 2 hours is "guff". That's pretty sad isn't it if you can't go without a drink for 2 hours?!

Cagey Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by Cagey Tiger » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Scott11 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:33 pm
You do talk some guff sometimes Ellis 😉
Pot. Kettle. Although you are not in the same league :smt002 :smt003

Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by Scott11 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Haha! I do tend to get a tad overexcited sometimes!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by ellis9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:37 pm

So Scott11, are you able to answer my question?

Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by Scott11 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Like i said it's all about the day for me and yes I like a pint or several! If it's a DTRR get together hip flask are mandatory! My day or many others doesnt start in the ground,it may start in the pub or in the train etc so I think it's a ludicrous suggestion to stop drinking rather than sort the problem out!

wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:58 pm
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by wolverhampton_tiger » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:26 pm

If that's how it works, maybe I save all my cups for the season and take them back in a black bag at the last game?

Be like a summer holiday saving plan!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by ellis9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Scott11 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:42 pm
Like i said it's all about the day for me and yes I like a pint or several! If it's a DTRR get together hip flask are mandatory! My day or many others doesnt start in the ground,it may start in the pub or in the train etc so I think it's a ludicrous suggestion to stop drinking rather than sort the problem out!
Well then there lies your problem. You have to have a drink. You can't go without. Everyone would only need to stop for a game or two for the club to realise and they would then have to take action to sort the problem out. If you and others keep using the facilities, they won't really realise the need to change. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in life to make a difference and too many people unfortunately are unable to do that.

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by MrPartridge » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Just to clarify my tickets printed in the ticket office had no bar code at all. Guy who rectified the problem on my return had clearly encountered the problem earlier. Having said that, it sounds like LCFC had a bigger debacle with their tickets yesterday. Must be something in the water!

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by Doghashadhisday » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:54 pm

wolverhampton_tiger wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:26 pm
If that's how it works, maybe I save all my cups for the season and take them back in a black bag at the last game?

Be like a summer holiday saving plan!
What a brilliant idea. The only problem is that you will have to pass the new bag inspection with your swag! :smt003

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: "The Home of the Game!"

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by wormus » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Tigerbeat wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 pm
Has anyone tried returning cups at Twickenham?
Yes at the Clash Bath v Tigers last season the young Bath Bandits were like vultures grabbing spectators empty & part empty cups however one Bath? bandit in front of me with 30+ cups handed them over with glee to the returns kiosk and was given just £10 as the rule states that is the maximum return. :smt043

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by L Smith » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:13 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Scott11 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:42 pm
Like i said it's all about the day for me and yes I like a pint or several! If it's a DTRR get together hip flask are mandatory! My day or many others doesnt start in the ground,it may start in the pub or in the train etc so I think it's a ludicrous suggestion to stop drinking rather than sort the problem out!
Well then there lies your problem. You have to have a drink. You can't go without. Everyone would only need to stop for a game or two for the club to realise and they would then have to take action to sort the problem out. If you and others keep using the facilities, they won't really realise the need to change. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in life to make a difference and too many people unfortunately are unable to do that.
Erm...
So because someone chooses to have a drink at a sporting event. They're an alcoholic? What an odd world you inhabit, Ellis.
Last edited by L Smith on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by ellis9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Where did I say anyone was an alcoholic?

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1568
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by biffer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:35 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:45 pm
Where did I say anyone was an alcoholic?
You didn't. You do however appear to have gone somewhat ranty over what was, quite clearly, a jokey comment. Something of an Internet precious action methinks.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by ellis9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:54 pm

I've not gone "ranty", I just say it how it is. Something people can't handle unfortunately.

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5494
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Ticket and cup fiasco

Post by Tigerbeat » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Please can we stick to discussing the topic rather than criticising individual users and there responses.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Coleshillad, Google [Bot], kpj tiger, sam16111986, Traveller and 2 guests