Team Vs Treviso

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Team Vs Treviso

Post by kpj tiger »

Leicester Tigers (v Benetton Treviso, Welford Road, Friday 7.45pm)

15 Mathew Tait

14 Tom Brady

13 Matt Smith

12 Charlie Thacker

11 Jonah Holmes

10 Joe Ford

9 Sam Harrison

1 Greg Bateman

2 George McGuigan

3 Logovi’i Mulipola

4 Mike Fitzgerald

5 Graham Kitchener

6 Mike Williams

7 Dominic Ryan

8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements from

Tom Youngs

Ellis Genge

Chris Baumann

Dom Barrow

Brendon O’Connor

Fred Tuilagi

Ben White

Tom Hardwick

Matt Toouma

Telusa Veainu

Michele Rizzo

Harry Thacker

Ben Betts

Joe Maksymiw

Harry Wells

Luke Hamilton

Harry Simmons

George Catchpole

Nick Malouf
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Team Vs Treviso

Post by kpj tiger »

Benetton Treviso squad

Forwards: Marco Barbini, Luca Bigi, Alberto De Marchi, Simone Ferrari, Ornel Gega, Marco Lazzaroni, Nasi Manu, Francesco Minto, Sebastian Negri, Tiziano Pasquali, Nicola Quaglio, Marco Riccioni, Federico Ruzza, Abraham Steyn, Cherif Traore, Federico Zani

Backs: Tommaso Allan, Marty Banks, Tommaso Benvenuti, Ignacio Brex, Giorgio Bronzini, Andrea Buondonno, Angelo Esposito, Edoardo Gori, Ian McKinley, Alberto Sgarbi, Luca Sperandio, Tito Tebaldi
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Very happy with that.

interesting C.Thacker is getting more and more game time.

maybe he is closer to the squad than i originally thought he would be.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Quality team,love that back row and pack in general. Big disparity between pack and back line and scary thing is we are only a couple of injuries away from fielding it. There was someone on here who said TNT,Owen,C.Thacker,Smith and Tait were an upgrade on TNT,Williams,Mermoz,Roberts,Betham,C.Thacker,Smith and Tait! Oh how I laughed 😂
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott11 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:10 pm Quality team,love that back row and pack in general. Big disparity between pack and back line and scary thing is we are only a couple of injuries away from fielding it. There was someone on here who said TNT,Owen,C.Thacker,Smith and Tait were an upgrade on TNT,Williams,Mermoz,Roberts,Betham,C.Thacker,Smith and Tait! Oh how I laughed 😂
Mermoz was signed to newcastle before coming to us, and came as a injury signing so you couldn't do a like for like with the cap. So we can't sign a like for like with him unless someone is injured for more than 3 months.
and Williams left because he didn't want to play 12, and Glous offered him more money and the 10 shirt, we got pretty lucky with him contract wise at the time.

iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Interesting, still no sign of:

Manu (MoC confirming he'll hopefully be involved next week)
Coley (assume still being rested from Lions)
George Ford (assume he's being rested from England duty, but Gengey is in the squad...)
May (same as Ford, although I suppose he is still getting fit and learning systems after honeymoon/just joining)
YBY
Thompstone
Gareth Owen
Valentino (not going to try to spell his name)

Anyone have any ideas?!
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

My thoughts are the backs pool is that shallow hes keeping them wrapped up in cotton wool. I still expect close to the Bath team to start next week though.
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Don't really understand Scott11's comment about our team to play Treviso. Agree that the forward pack looks stronger than the back line but I don't get your worry about that line up being just a "couple of injuries" away from becoming the regular one . I can't wait to see the likes of May, Worth, Tulagi, Veianu & Thompstone, playing in whatever combination with some of those selected players and playing outside YBY & George Ford. Even allowing for inevitable injuries, rest and international call ups, it looks a pretty tasty lineup to me1
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Pretty tasty? Yes. AWC and lower AP level? Yes. RCC and top AP teams? Nowhere near. Imo of course. TNT get injured both together or for example Toomua does and Manu gets selected by England then we will struggle. Just my thoughts but Sarries,Waps etc wont be losing any sleep over J.Ford,Tait,Smith etc
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

i'm sure if one of them gets injured then will we look to use the injury cap like we did with Mermoz.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Scott11 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:13 pm Pretty tasty? Yes. AWC and lower AP level? Yes. RCC and top AP teams? Nowhere near. Imo of course. TNT get injured both together or for example Toomua does and Manu gets selected by England then we will struggle. Just my thoughts but Sarries,Waps etc wont be losing any sleep over J.Ford,Tait,Smith etc

For me you are correct...it is just another year where our depth in the centres is pretty lacking compared to those we want to compete against and somehow never seems to be addressed...alhtough we have Owen and Malouf who I hope can come through and make a name for themselves...
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

The problem is whey would a decent young centre want to come to Tigers. If TnT remain fit then you will get next to no game time. I know people will say that they have a history of injuries but they are not the same injuries and no young exciting player would want to bet his next season on that reoccurring.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Owen is a nice tidy player,has Malouf come in as a winger or utility?
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

really sorry just don't know who you mean by YBY
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Richardfje wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:10 pm really sorry just don't know who you mean by YBY
Colloquialism for Young Ben Youngs!