Champions Cup Fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Champions Cup Fixtures

Post by ourla »

I would like to go to one of the away fixtures.

If you had to pick - which one would you do - Munster, Racing or Castres?

What are the plusses and minuses of each?
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

ourla wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:19 pm I would like to go to one of the away fixtures.

If you had to pick - which one would you do - Munster, Racing or Castres?

What are the plusses and minuses of each?
Not been to Racing or Munster, but did Paris for SF a couple of times, once by Eurostar. Paris is whatever you want to make it. Castres is a very nice medium sized town. The fans were really good (it helped that I speak moderate French). They used to serve oysters and glasses (plastic) of champagne style fizz at reasonable rates (the late Mrs Cagey really enjoyed both). But it's a pig to get to. We flew to Toulouse and hired a car (with all the hassle that that entails). I will certainly look at possible alternative ways of getting there as I would like to go back.

Hope that helps.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Cheers Cagey.

Thinking of going with the family. We've done Paris (not rugby) in 2016 (though I never tire of it) and maybe they would appreciate Castres more than Limerick.

Not adverse for hiring a car tbh if with the family.

If I really push it could maybe do a "boys trip" to Munster in addition.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I have been to both Paris and Limerick Ourla and would say if for the Rugby Limerick everytime it is great fun and the atmosphere is incredible...

If you are travelling with the family then lovely Irish pubs may not be the greatest attraction and then Paris wins on that front...

I will be going to the Munster match again this year as I did when we last won there :smt023 thankfully missed last years drubbing although I reckon it may have been more fun with the Irish in full celebration mode...

Would be nice if we get to find out dates anytime soon :smt017 Pro 14
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Supporters will learn the details of Tigers’ campaign in the 2017/18 European Champions Cup with the announcement of the fixtures this week.

Organisers EPCR reveal fixtures in the Champions Cup at 3.00pm this Tuesday, with kick-off dates and times for all games in Rounds 1-4.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Fixtures will be known Tomorrow afternoon at 3.00pm that's according to the BBC's sport pages on the web.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Racing away first up followed by Castre at home......5-30pm kick off

Munster away in December then home.......5-30 kick off again!

January - Castre away and finish with Racing at home! KO times to be confirmed
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:05 pm Racing away first up followed by Castre at home......5-30pm kick off

Munster away in December then home.......5-30 kick off again!

January - Castre away and finish with Racing at home! KO times to be confirmed
Our Irish friends wont be so pleased with the late KO on the Sunday!

Bring it on!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Slightly disappointed in the way this has fallen as Castres away is the game our group really want to go to. Having said that, if we start well then a January trip is on the cards - just will have to wait for the date.

I think we can win in Paris and then the two home games either side of Munster away. KO times are OK and 3 Saturdays out of 4 although out of them all I'd prefer Munster at home on a Saturday. I'd say they have the best away fans period.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Leicester Tigers Away Supporters Club will be running trips to all three away European matches, for Paris and Limerick plan to travel Friday and return Sunday so two nights bed & breakfast in a hotel. For Castre we will be staying three nights in a hotel as plans will have to be made to cover all kick off times. Price and other details later.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Ulster best away fans for me by far, Glasgow the worse. Griff,I've never travelled away before Tigers but would love to. Do you have to book own flights etc or is it a whole package? Private message me a little bit of info whenever you have the time,would look at going Castre.
cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cpwhelan »

As usual, our gang will go to the Munster match and stay with cousins in Tralee - just hope this year that we can do well over there and stop the Munster boys from taking the ***** out of us after the game - very, very painful! Fingers and everything else crossed!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

So now we know it's Paris in October, Ireland in December and the South West of France in January. Let's hope we can afford to go to all three,
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noddy555 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:02 pm So now we know it's Paris in October, Ireland in December and the South West of France in January. Let's hope we can afford to go to all three,
Well Noddy you could always change your season ticket from the infamous Try Line Club to the Crumbie Terrace to spread the costs.. :smt002
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

All booked for Castres - flying into Toulouse from Birmingham and then hiring car. Had to book 3 nights to cover all match times. Hotel 200 yards from Irish Bar :-)
Jez

Only Winners Win!