Champions Cup Fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Re: Champions Cup Fixtures

Post by ElvastonTiger »

Does anyone know which stand the Tigers fans will tend towards for the Munster away game? East or West?
Tickets aren’t on sale yet but, for info, Munster are putting them on general sale on Friday 13th Oct.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

So the Champions' Cup is almost with us!
Personally I can't wait to see the Tigers play against the the top European sides.
So what are our chances? Realistically, winning the title may be a bit too much to expect, but qualifying for the Q finals (especially with a home QF at Welford Rd) and maybe the semis, would be very good indeed.
We're in a tough group and I think we'll definitely need to win our home matches and get maybe two away wins in order to advance - two from Munster, Racing and Castres, take your pick!.
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Castres are now finding some form and have moved up to 4th in the Top14 after having beaten Toulon at home today.
What we had originally thought of being a good opportunity for an away win may now be a lot more difficult.
This makes the back to back games with Munster in December even more important.
Semper in excretia
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Even better for us Robespierre! Castres should already be out by then and if they are doing well in the league that will be their priority.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Scott11 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 pm Even better for us Robespierre! Castres should already be out by then and if they are doing well in the league that will be their priority.
Aye, that's quite possible. Castres have back to back European games with Racing, and although there'll probably win at home, I can't see them even getting an lbp away at Racing.
Semper in excretia
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Just watched Racing v Montpellier,finished 26-0 but painful viewing!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Anyone know when the remaining fixtures will be announced? I'm committed to take the Mrs to Carcassonne so will I suppose still turn up for the Castres game, not the situation I was hoping for however.....

Still could be worse, could be going on the bus taking two days to get there with Griffs gang!!

Sorry John - I know you must be as frustrated as anyone!!!!
Soggypitch
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:52 pm Just watched Racing v Montpellier,finished 26-0 but painful viewing!
Watched who :smt017 :smt017
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:25 pm
Scott11 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 pm Even better for us Robespierre! Castres should already be out by then and if they are doing well in the league that will be their priority.
Aye, that's quite possible. Castres have back to back European games with Racing, and although there'll probably win at home, I can't see them even getting an lbp away at Racing.
I think Racing and Castres may be thinking this about Tigers. :smt022
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Munster should be home and dry in pool 4, but Tigers, Castres and Racing each have an good chance of being second. Whether it will be one of the best second placed teams is another matter.
So which team will finish second?
Tigers are away to Castres (not easy) and home to Racing, Racing are home against Munster and Castres are away to Munster.
The only certainty is Munster v Castres but the other matches could be tight.
My money would be on Racing.
Semper in excretia
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

rdracup wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:30 pm But surely it is so simple. All you have to do is block off 9am Friday to noon Monday for 6 weekends ( in case your team is away on Friday or Sunday evening) and then you will be able to follow your team. As long as you keep them free for 8 weeks before kick off, or in the case of the January rounds 3 weeks you will be fine. Obviously EPC rugby knows that rugby fans do not have other lives so if a few people moan then they can put them in the not true supporters category. And anyway Rugby is just a TV sport and having away supporters in the stadium is not really necessary. European Wendy ball have more clubs, more leagues, more TV companies to coordinate but this is Rugby and it is run by amateurs so no use in comparing EPC with a professional organisation.
This is my post from the summer. Nothing will change. Of course EPC will say there were plenty of Munster fans in Leicester on Sunday night, but that was an exception. They probably arrived Friday and went back Monday just as noted above.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Have heard a rumour that there will be no Sunday 5-30 kick offs in next seasons European Cup gams.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Sorry to be pedantic but does anyone actually know when the fixtures will be announced? Nothing on ERC web site.
Soggypitch
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:45 pm Have heard a rumour that there will be no Sunday 5-30 kick offs in next seasons European Cup gams.
They're going to 1945 instead :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

http://m.tournamentguides.epcrugby.com/ ... /18612.php

From a link on the unoffy, but cannot find this confirmed on the EPCR fixtures page as yet, but here's what we may have:

Round 5

14 Jan (Sunday) 18:30 P4 Castres Olympique v Leicester Tigers

(Presuming local time so 17:30 UK)

Round 6

21 Jan (Sunday) 13:00 P4 Leicester Tigers v Racing 92

If these are correct then Castres away, in particular, is extremely away supporter friendly...... :smt018 :smt013 :smt019
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.