The new App

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

The new App

Post by Chobbsy »

I see rave reviews about the new app and for the whole it is pretty good, but unless I am more of a technophobe than I thought, I can't seem to find the message board on it.

Am I the only one? :smt017
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: The new App

Post by fentiger »

Not just you! TBH it's really not that good, carries unnecessary advertising, doesn't really offer anything that can't easily be seen in the mobile version of the main site. Easy enough to bookmark that on phone so can be accessed anytime!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I am glad it isn't just me, but agree I don't like the adverts either and at this time of year, the message board is what I am most interested in, so like you say it is probably easier just going to the website :smt022
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I am disappointed in it to be honest. You can't access the message board like you could on the old one and when I click on the fixtures tab and the results tab I just get a white screen! I'm going to be at most of the matches so the match day live isn't really going to be used and the photo one will never be used and that just leaves the table and squad options. Again these won't really be used that often.

I've set it up so I get notifications on breaking news but not yet had any. Wasn't signing Jonny May a perfect example of getting a notification for breaking news?!

The old one was much better!

There was a topic opened on the message board a few months ago asking what we would like on the new app. It seems the answers given weren't listened to.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:44 pmThere was a topic opened on the message board a few months ago asking what we would like on the new app. It seems the answers given weren't listened to.
Rather like the feedback on the new forum, especially the layout. I appreciate that they have overhauled the website, forum and app in a short time, but with a few exceptions, requested changes have not happened and unrequested changes have generally been met with negative reactions.
MJB

Post by MJB »

I agree that it would be handy if we could access the Message Board via the app.
Admittedly the old version was written predominantly for iphones which is why it was, at best, flaky on my Android phone,
but at least this new version works on my phone.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Why didn't they just continue updating the app or was it deemed to expensive to update the app to IOS 7 capabilities
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
MJB

Post by MJB »

Maybe they wanted to make it available (and functional) across other platforms and not just Apple products!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yet it seems it now doesn't work properly on an apple product!
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

An official Leicester Tigers app is a positive step forward, however in it's present form the content appears a duplicate of the website. I'm sure more app specific content will be added over time.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Clowbeck wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm An official Leicester Tigers app is a positive step forward, however in it's present form the content appears a duplicate of the website. I'm sure more app specific content will be added over time.
I don't mind the fact that it duplicates the website, I would just like to be able to see the message boards while on the move and without having to open the website evertime
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:42 pm I don't mind the fact that it duplicates the website, I would just like to be able to see the message boards while on the move and without having to open the website evertime
Keep the message board webpage open on your mobile device, problem solved. Why close the page if you access it often, you're not limited to one webpage open at once. Click on the app, click on the webpage the result is the same, providing you're not closing the page each time.
retsilnai
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by retsilnai »

Hmmm,20 minutes into game, only two posts...not good at all.Hope the game's better.
Ian
retsilnai
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by retsilnai »

Got it, only seems to update after a score. Doesn't give a flavour of the game or how things are going, so in that respect a bit of a disappointment.
Ian
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

retsilnai wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:35 pm Got it, only seems to update after a score. Doesn't give a flavour of the game or how things are going, so in that respect a bit of a disappointment.
Most apps would do that, otherwise your phone would be constantly receiving notifications and draining the battery during 1 game.