Tv Games

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dunks43

Tv Games

Post by dunks43 »

Now that the website has been updated , I can't seem to see which games are being broadcast on Tv.

Anyone any ideas ? I persume the saints away is as the kick off time has changed , but can anyone clarify ?
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tv Games

Post by Scott11 »

About 8 out of the first 10/11 I think lol, still the AP biggest draw!

https://btsportbusiness.com/live-fixtures/?filter=rugby
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

thanks for that, I looked at the bt website yesterday and couldn't find any info.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 pm About 8 out of the first 10/11 I think lol, still the AP biggest draw!

All the more reason for Tigers to get the match day experience right.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
AusTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by AusTiger »

Interestingly enough, every single AP game throughout the season is broadcast on Foxtel Sport here in Sydney. Might be worth buying a matchday pass and using a VPN if there is a game not being shown.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

L Smith wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:08 pm
Scott11 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 pm About 8 out of the first 10/11 I think lol, still the AP biggest draw!

The match day experience? Just turning up to watch the team I love play the game I love is a big enough reason for me to turn up. It doesn't need anything else. That's what I pay for a season ticket for.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

And don't let the game get in the way of a good day out 😉
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 pm
L Smith wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:08 pm

The match day experience? Just turning up to watch the team I love play the game I love is a big enough reason for me to turn up. It doesn't need anything else. That's what I pay for a season ticket for.
Yeah, very good, Ellis. You're a fine example, etc etc
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

There we go with a typical response on this forum. I have replied with a sensible comment to say my thoughts and someone responds with a silly comment.

All I said that I don't need the match day experience for me to turn up!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:04 pm There we go with a typical response on this forum. I have replied with a sensible comment to say my thoughts and someone responds with a silly comment.

Maybe it's a typical response to a holier than though comment. With all due respect, my point was that, in order to grow the support base, maximise revenue and try to remain competitive, it is more important than ever to get the matchday experience right, especially as practically every game is televised. As committed and dedicated as you no doubt are, I suspect that we may still need to continue to increase ST holders and casual supporters alike, in order to achieve the club's aspirations.
If you want to use my posts as a platform to show what a great supporter you are, fine: it's your prerogative. It is also mine to return a judgment in kind.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'm not using your post to show what a great supporter I am. All I said was I don't need the whole match day experience to get me to Welford Road.

It wasn't a holier than thou comment either.

I don't understand why people get so annoyed and offended by what people say. The worlds gone mad!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:04 pm There we go with a typical response on this forum. I have replied with a sensible comment to say my thoughts and someone responds with a silly comment.

The rugby is what we all want to see but match day experience means more than an energetic mascot and cheerleaders. Having efficient catering staff and knowledgeable stewards makes everything run more smoothly. You'd soon notice if we didn't have them and it was impossible to get a beverage at half time and it took an hour to get out of the stadium.

I saw that the football club Brighton have installed padded seats through out their stadium. I bet that would be an addition that many on here would consider an improvement to the match day experience.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:56 pm I'm not using your post to show what a great supporter I am. All I said was I don't need the whole match day experience to get me to Welford Road.

It wasn't a holier than thou comment either.

I don't understand why people get so annoyed and offended by what people say. The worlds gone mad!
I wasn't offended. Again, my point was that we need to continue to attract new support as well as retain loyal supporters such as ourselves.
If potential new members of the Tigers family come to a game, we should do everything we can to establish a point of difference between watching at home and watching in the ground, where the club will benefit from the ensuing increase in revenue.
The demographic of 'in-ground' fans is precariously old and a forward looking club should recognise this and pursue the same degree of excellence off the pitch as it does on it in order to continue to attract new customers (fans). I expect I feel as passionately about our club as you do. However, in the context of this thread, I wanted to share a potential risk for forum members to discuss, that was a direct consequence of having so many televised games.
My perception of your post was that it was pooh poohing mine on the basis of what you personally feel, which is what provoked my reaction.
This is probably why you feel that people sometimes get annoyed by your posts.
All imho.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I disagree. Why do we currently have the biggest support in the country? Due to our success on the pitch, not because we have the best catering, mascots, kids club or most comfortable seats.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

You're not getting it Ellis. I'm 37 and the average age of the crowd is about 20 years above that lol. OK there's a lot of grandkids there but it won't take them long to go over to the Ricoh where it's a much younger average crowd. It's about the future, personally I'm the same as you,I hate the drums and all the stuff like that,it's about the train journey,the beers,the banter and the game for me but I see his point and he's right.