Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Manu sent home

Post by iceman_19 »

Roly wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:48 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:22 pm Oh come on, his rugby knowledge is ridiculously poor, sadly he comes across as someone who has very limited intelligence, I say again his management should keep him away from any television appearances, they do him no favours.
We will have to agree to disagree but I have often found his comments to be insightful as in durin g the Racing game and why we were struggling to deal with their Fijians off loads, sure enough he was spot on.

As for him being on the telly as far as I’m aware Freddie is still his agent, and he is governed by 1thing ££
Having 'rugby knowledge' and having a 'rugby brain' are two different things, I'm not sure he has both...
One thing I would say is that BOD always rates Manu's rugby brain very highly, just from the short spell they played together in Australia for the Lions. He states that he wa surprised at how well Manu read the game and communicated in the build up and throughout, which seems at odds as many point out with his media appearances. Perhaps it's a case of Andy Murray syndrome (who by all accounts is actually a good laugh away from the Court and Cameras) and he simply doesn't feel comfortable in a suit in front of a lens?
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

iceman_19 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:37 am
Roly wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:48 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 pm

We will have to agree to disagree but I have often found his comments to be insightful as in durin g the Racing game and why we were struggling to deal with their Fijians off loads, sure enough he was spot on.

As for him being on the telly as far as I’m aware Freddie is still his agent, and he is governed by 1thing ££
Having 'rugby knowledge' and having a 'rugby brain' are two different things, I'm not sure he has both...
One thing I would say is that BOD always rates Manu's rugby brain very highly, just from the short spell they played together in Australia for the Lions. He states that he wa surprised at how well Manu read the game and communicated in the build up and throughout, which seems at odds as many point out with his media appearances. Perhaps it's a case of Andy Murray syndrome (who by all accounts is actually a good laugh away from the Court and Cameras) and he simply doesn't feel comfortable in a suit in front of a lens?
He doesn't wear rugby kit, he doesn't like wearing a suit, he's running out of wardrobe options.

I also saw this and had a wry chuckle - I mean, it's hardly going to affect him is it? He only plays three matches a year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41846081

Joking aside, he must be well on the way back to fitness now, but one more injury, and his international ship will have sailed I would think.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Manu will be fine now, he's seen a witch doctor.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... nu-tuilagi
there were three lady spirits who had married themselves on to me for the last three years. The witch-doctor told me that was why I had been injured. The spirits wanted me for themselves – they wanted to punish me and injuring me was the way to do it.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

biffer wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:05 am Manu will be fine now, he's seen a witch doctor.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... nu-tuilagi
there were three lady spirits who had married themselves on to me for the last three years. The witch-doctor told me that was why I had been injured. The spirits wanted me for themselves – they wanted to punish me and injuring me was the way to do it.
That's it then no more injuries for Manu? EJ will be pleased?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat