Post by TigerCam »

Please don't break him!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu in 37-man England training squad

Post by sapajo »

England would have no qualms if Manu or indeed any of the other 5 Tigers players gets broken whilst on duty as they have plenty of cannon fodder to call up in reserve. Fact is that Tigers will suffer the consequences and us supporters are seeing even less of our best players fit and actually playing for Tigers.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

sapajo wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:22 pm England would have no qualms if Manu or indeed any of the other 5 Tigers players gets broken whilst on duty as they have plenty of cannon fodder to call up in reserve. Fact is that Tigers will suffer the consequences and us supporters are seeing even less of our best players fit and actually playing for Tigers.
It is no different for any of the clubs who have players involved, surely you ARE NOT trying to say EJ has a plot to injure the Tiger players so we don't do well this season. Any player from any club has a chance of being injured
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Let's not bother training or playing for that matter shall we, in case we get injured !! I would bet that Manu is raring to go. He's overdue a massive period of luck and fortune. Let's hope this is the start of it. Positive thinking eh ?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

We just have to hope he is fully fit and not being brought back too early.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm sure England won't be desperate to bring him back early. He's got a lot of work to do to earn his place back in a very well performing England centre lineup.

It's pretty common knowledge that Jones is only really interested in winning the World Cup, so why would he risk an unfit Manu 2 years before? The answer is that he wouldn't, there's no incentive, it won't help him achieve his objective.

Tigers on the other hand do (arguably) have an incentive to bring him back early, but I would still be surprised if they were anything less than overly cautious. I will assume that when he's in full training, or on a teamsheet, it's because he's fit enough to do so.

I'm cautiously excited to see him back (again) for both Tigers and England.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Shame about Mike Williams but Mark Wilson is a good player, but Williams gives Eng,and an extra dynamic ball carrier option at 6.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni