On a positive note........

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

On a positive note........

Post by Scuttle »

It may be due to the fact that I am in a pub in Matlock, enjoying hand-pulled Abbott Ale, but I am taking a positive outlook on Tigers future prospects. She who must be obeyed took out season ticket 2 years ago (after 31 years of marriage) and is still loving it; Tigers have made some good signings over the summer (reality means the dream time cannot be achieved in one season); the team seem to be smiling and in a positive mood; and we have a great draw in the Champions Cup - tough, yes but how good for us as fans to watch our chaps go against some of the best - high quality, testing rugby to watch. I am looking forward to next season and feel positive. In addition Spawn 1 AND Spawn 2 have both said they want to come to matches too, having had no interest in our much loved game until now, and both now in their 20's. I am new to the Forum so please forgive my youthful exuberance if it is misplaced.
As Good As It Gets
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: On a positive note........

Post by L Smith »

Welcome Scuttle.
Not sure you can claim "youthful exuberance" after disclosing the age of your tadpoles!
:smt003
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Trying to be positive in every way! :smt031
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Welcome! I share your enthusiasm if not your age bracket! (Think 'Wisdom of youth, energy of old age!') :smt003
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

That sounds remarkably like when I describe myself like an old car: it's not the years that count, it's the mileage.......
As Good As It Gets
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'm confident too for this coming year, I used to find a pint or few of draught Abbott concentrated the mind quite nicely(even though it's not quite the ale it used to be).
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Its the Tigers and a new season too, so every reason to be positive :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Welcome! I'm still a bit meh but two new backs will cheer me up!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Interesting piece on the BBC website today by Toby Flood talking about how his time at Tigers helped him a lot, mainly in attitude and team spirit. If we keep this culture and blend with a dusting of the "Je ne sais pas" I think we will be OK.
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scuttle wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:08 am Interesting piece on the BBC website today by Toby Flood talking about how his time at Tigers helped him a lot, mainly in attitude and team spirit. If we keep this culture and blend with a dusting of the "Je ne sais pas" I think we will be OK.
I agree - it's an interesting article/interview and 'that culture' - particularly the part that says the players are responsible for performance - has always been good for us. Next season we need to add 'je ne sais quoi' rather than 'je ne sais pas' - we tried the latter last season! :smt003
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Well spotted. I thought I might get away with my mistake when I spotted the same this morning. It was quite late😴😴
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scuttle wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:11 pm Well spotted. I thought I might get away with my mistake when I spotted the same this morning. It was quite late😴😴
You've got to get up très tôt to get one past us anciens chronométreurs! (You can always spot the ones with nothing better to do!) :smt003
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

C'est vrai. May also be that M'Lady has enrolled us on Spanish course too. Confunde las peqeunas celulas grises
As Good As It Gets
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

:smt017
As Good As It Gets
mj2012

Post by mj2012 »

Certainly no reason a challenge can't be made this season! Definitely feels good to be excited again :smt001
He he shamone, but with a better touch :smt023