Telusa Veainu!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Telusa Veainu!!

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I have to admit for once I think ellis has a point...Veainu is one of our best players with a year left on his contract and all his best mates have just been shown the door...

Looks ominous for next year if you ask me with every club in Europe wanting him too...I think he will join Betham in France unless with Ford he has a enjoyable and successful year
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

If Telusa should choose to go, which I seriously doubt, its his perrogative. No player is bigger than the club, but frankly I believe this very negative postulation over his future is ultra unhelpful.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 am If Telusa should choose to go, which I seriously doubt, its his perrogative. No player is bigger than the club, but frankly I believe this very negative postulation over his future is ultra unhelpful.
:smt038
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

In a conversation I had with Locky last season I jokingly apologised for voting for Brexit as he had complained that the devalued pound had adversely affected his wages when translated into Aussie dollars. I do not say that is a reason for his readiness to leave but he was a squad player not an automatic first choice. New signings and the development of Will Evans had pushed him further down the pecking order, it was probably not too hard a decision for him to move rather than see out his contract.
Please ask yourself, do you want our team to improve and be better than Saints, Saracens and Wasps or do you want it to be relegated, standing still is not an option. The nature of professional sport is that players move on when their time is done either because someone better comes along or because like Owen Williams at the end of a contract another team put a higher value on your ability. Sometimes it is mutually beneficial that a player moves mid contract and I think that is what happened with Locky and Peter Betham, JPP is different, he is nearing the end of his career and although a very intelligent player he had lost pace, not good in a winger, he has moved on whilst his reputation is intact, I would guess his wages were too high for him not to be a first choice.
Telusa is a professional rugby player he will not be unsettled by a teammate leaving even a housemate because that is the nature of his life, a new boss may cause concern because you can never be sure how he will rate you, but we are past that. Clicking like on a twitter or face book comment does not mean you support the statement, just that you have seen it and possibly appreciate the thought behind it whether or not you agree.
joeybside
Tiger Cub

Post by joeybside »

Iain wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:13 am
L Smith wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:50 pm Move along. Nothing to see here. Just a throw away comment on Twitter from "The Ultras"

"Was anyone told about @LockyMcCaffrey going before renewing season tickets?? @tveainu will be next!"

Yawn
Oh the Ultras.

I cringe every time I think of the concept of 'Ultras' for a rugby club. And referring to that knuckle dragger bside as their 'supreme leader' makes me want to vomit up my own pelvis.

Yeah, they love a bit of stirring.
Back at you Iain always great to hear from you :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
LEICESTER TIGERS ULTRAS

FB: Leicester Tigers Ultras

Twitter @tigersultras
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

My pleasure. Your presence doesn't change my view.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I will wait to see exactly how often he figures in the starting 15. I have a sense of unease about several aspects of the forthcoming season.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:16 pm I will wait to see exactly how often he figures in the starting 15. I have a sense of unease about several aspects of the forthcoming season.
I know what you mean. Our backs look exciting if we can keep the centres fit but can we dominate up front to get them good quick ball. I guess we will know the answers next May..
I'm not cynical just experienced
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:49 am In a conversation I had with Locky last season I jokingly apologised for voting for Brexit as he had complained that the devalued pound had adversely affected his wages when translated into Aussie dollars. I do not say that is a reason for his readiness to leave but he was a squad player not an automatic first choice. New signings and the development of Will Evans had pushed him further down the pecking order, it was probably not too hard a decision for him to move rather than see out his contract.
Please ask yourself, do you want our team to improve and be better than Saints, Saracens and Wasps or do you want it to be relegated, standing still is not an option. The nature of professional sport is that players move on when their time is done either because someone better comes along or because like Owen Williams at the end of a contract another team put a higher value on your ability. Sometimes it is mutually beneficial that a player moves mid contract and I think that is what happened with Locky and Peter Betham, JPP is different, he is nearing the end of his career and although a very intelligent player he had lost pace, not good in a winger, he has moved on whilst his reputation is intact, I would guess his wages were too high for him not to be a first choice.
Telusa is a professional rugby player he will not be unsettled by a teammate leaving even a housemate because that is the nature of his life, a new boss may cause concern because you can never be sure how he will rate you, but we are past that. Clicking like on a twitter or face book comment does not mean you support the statement, just that you have seen it and possibly appreciate the thought behind it whether or not you agree.
That deserves a "Concur" John :smt023
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I believe that people "like" things without really thinking what it is they are liking.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Veainu strikes me as the sort of back MoC would love, I have no fears of him not being selected.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well he looks happy enough in pre-season.

I'm sure he's upset but he is also a professional
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

chewbacca wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:00 pm
jgriffin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:16 pm I will wait to see exactly how often he figures in the starting 15. I have a sense of unease about several aspects of the forthcoming season.
I know what you mean. Our backs look exciting if we can keep the centres fit but can we dominate up front to get them good quick ball. I guess we will know the answers next May..
I'm with the both of you!
I don't know anywhere near enough about most of our signings and the one's that I do know of aren't certainties!
I know more about Sarries and Saints (who I think will both be on it this season) signings, no idea if that's a good or bad thing!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

TV will be the regular 15 subject to fitness, I can't imagine any reason why not.

Everyone's favourite player (well ok not everyone but you know what I mean!).

If MOC doesn't pick him in the first 15 I'll eat my hat!! (ok I'll be very cross :smt003 ).
Soggypitch
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I'm sure that Telusa like all young people is in to social media, I just hope he doesn't believe what he reads there.
AT the age of 70 I have Facebook,Twitter and instagram accounts but I hardly use them as they are mostly filled with utter garbage. :smt010