Threats made against Cohen

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: Threats made against Cohen

Post by johnthegriff »

Not sure what you don't like about the P.R system. I have always found Simon Cohen and clubs coaches to be honest at Fans Forum meetings although I agree there have been times that we have been given an answer to a question on say building plans that turned out not to be accurate but it was a truthful answer at the time, circumstances subsequently changed (and I do know the reasons) so priorities altered. Not actually aware of other board members attending Forum meetings.
Playing matters were under the control of Cocker, I happen to think the Board was wrong to sack Richard but there was something wrong and many fans were demanding action. To leave a decision like that to the end of the season is impractical, players contracts are renewed prior to January 31st and potential signings can be approached at that time, to leave things to the end of the season when players disappear on international tour and family holiday until they return to for pre season would leave any new coach hamstrung for twelve months. MOC arriving when he did has given him the opportunity to assess the squad and make some adjustments, I think that may work.
The investigation into salary cap abuses has been completed, like you I do not like the lack of information resulting from it but Premier Rugby has decided that the outcome of the investigation be kept confidential for the good of the game. It appears that the problem is now solved by increasing the cap to a level most clubs cannot afford and allowing two Marquee players outside the cap who can be paid any amount making the system in my opinion farcical.
Not sure what you want Tigers to do about women's rugby. Leicester Football Club is not making massive profits so do you expect them to run a women's team with all that may cost knowing it would not be even be in the new Super League. I know you think Litchfield Ladies RFC were treated shamefully and you are right, but that has nothing to do with Tigers, our new association with Loughborough University which I believe will be of immense benefit to both the Uni' and the development of our young players which I know is dear to your heart makes it difficult for our club to intervene in anyway in a matter that frankly has nothing to do with us.