Threats made against Cohen

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Threats made against Cohen

Post by Iain »

Just echoing what I said on the Facebook group.

According to one account of last night's forum meeting, Simon Cohen revealed that the worst of the abuse he received personally last season were death threats.

If that was you, get a grip of yourself. You might agree with his work, you might disagree. You might understand his role, you might not. You might think he seems a nice guy, you might really dislike him for some reason or other. But death threats are beyond the pale. I hope the full weight of the law is thrown at you.

People will now say "obviously not real fans." Sorry, but they are. They walk among us. Let's weed them out - as a lifelong passionate Tigers fan I don't wish to be associated with idiots who think that's the right way of conducting themselves.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Threats made against Cohen

Post by trendylfj »

Absolutely correct Iain. I don't like what I hear he has done or what I saw him do at a recent AGM regarding a response to the salary cap question, but nothing he has done deserves a death threat. I hope he reported it to the police and they quickly find the offender(s) and put them before the courts. No place in any society.
Hehehehehehehehe
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Personally I have always found Simon to be open and honest when responding to questions both in private conversation and in more public meetings. I don't agree with all that he has done (I would have kept Cocker) but over all I think he has done a pretty good job for Tigers as a business. I was shocked when a friend of mine confronted Simon after the away match in Paris last season and mounted a verbal attack that I would describe as abuse. It was the players on the pitch who let us down, changes had to be made and the Chief Executive then gets criticised for making those changes before they are given a chance to work.
We all have our opinions on player quality, team selection and the coaches some of us form those opinions on seeing the team play for others that is not necessary. We don't know and don't always have the right to know what is going on behind the scenes we just believe that our team should be winning everything every season, realistically that is not possible but we should be in with a chance of trophies each year and we have a right to be angry and concerned when we are not competing. We do not have the right to personally abuse any one let alone send death threats or even think about such action, that can only come from a twisted mind.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Absolute agreement, too many immature or poorly controlled posts on the FB sites, and abuse F2F needs confronting - simply disgusting.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

My missus has threatened to kill me a number of times.

Maybe it was Mauger's wife threatening Cohen.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Irrespective of whether someone rates SC as CEO or not - and whether someone is a 'supporter' or not - there must be a zero-tolerance approach to any such abuse, online or otherwise. Straight to Police...
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Well I am guessing if Cohen took the threats seriously he will have gone to the police.

I suspect he didn't.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Dislike the man as I do I would not wish this on anyone...I really hope he went to the Police but I doubt it as he knew the cowards threats were empty

If you are on this forum to see this (I hope not) then seriously sort your life out :smt011 :smt012
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes absolutely pathetic. That's why I don't do social media at all. Just too many complete idiots on there from what I hear from my boys and general reports.

This forum is as far as I go - call me a dinosaur if you wish!! :smt003
Soggypitch
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Unfortunately in this day and age there are quite a number of tossers about. Some hide behind their FB ,Twitter stuff and think that they are really :censored:. There is enough :censored: and grief going on in this world without the need to add to it no matter how insular an act it was!! I sincerely hope Cohen does involve the Bill and gets it sorted to send a message.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
mj2012

Post by mj2012 »

Absolutely disgusting. Why I don't agree with a lot of what he's apparently done, there is a line that should not be crossed and wishing death on someone is that. Feel this is symptomatic of so much in this bleeding country recently. Just nasty, reactionary comments. Let's be civil with those we disagree with. Hope they've been reported to the correct authorities.
He he shamone, but with a better touch :smt023
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerCam wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:15 pm Unfortunately in this day and age there are quite a number of tossers about. Some hide behind their FB ,Twitter stuff and think that they are really :censored:. There is enough :censored: and grief going on in this world without the need to add to it no matter how insular an act it was!! I sincerely hope Cohen does involve the Bill and gets it sorted to send a message.
Spot on, reflects my thoughts exactly.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Why has this thread 'reappeared'? Have more threats been made by mindless numpties?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:34 pm Why has this thread 'reappeared'? Have more threats been made by mindless numpties?
Not that I know of, just been catching up with news having been absent, saw this as mj2012 had commented recently.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Whilst not agreeing with most of what Simon Cohen says or does I find it appalling that he has received death threats. I hope he has reported these to the police and that they are doing something positive about them. These sick individuals need removing from society, permanently.