Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Post by Noddy555 »

TTrith you are talking utter :censored: the bill for buying players is set by the salary cap and clubs who go above that do so at their peril and at the certain risk of a massive fine. It's true that some players look at the salary offered as the be all and end all but mostly these are players who don't look at the overall package offered and most players
consider the overall package deal before making a decision, and I don't really are what anyone says but I do know that the Tigers name and history still carries a massive clout with most professionals in the game. Why? Because they know that in 99% of cases their personal game and skills will improve during their time with the Tigers.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:21 am Latest media report from NZ on McKenzie rumour
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11893064
Lazy journalism from a guy who's Twitter feed has 3 posts, the last one from 2013 so obviously doesn't carry a lot of credibility with his work I shouldn't think. @gregorpaul10
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Fekitoa is confirmed to be moving to Toulon next year by both him self and the All Blacks social media.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Interesting I only saw Olowofela, Tuilagi and White from the development squad at aqua park, are Tigers considering them promotion? Olowfela's twin is with the England 7s but he didn't particularly do anything noteworthy and for me was poor defencively against Ireland so I think he will dropped from the squad soon and we probably won't want him back
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Just heard of a conversation with Mike Ford who was overheard to say that of his 3 boys the youngest was the best and would go the furthest. The whole family have moved into Braybrooke near Market Harborough and Mike also said that he had a project in mind. I thought he was off to USA in the very near future but as the youngest is in the Wasps academy maybe he has something lined up there. Don't know but there are only 3 possibilities in the area - us, saints and wasps.
Hehehehehehehehe
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:20 pm Just heard of a conversation with Mike Ford who was overheard to say that of his 3 boys the youngest was the best and would go the furthest. The whole family have moved into Braybrooke near Market Harborough and Mike also said that he had a project in mind. I thought he was off to USA in the very near future but as the youngest is in the Wasps academy maybe he has something lined up there. Don't know but there are only 3 possibilities in the area - us, saints and wasps.
Be great to have him at wasps hindering them.
I'm not cynical just experienced
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:20 pm Just heard of a conversation with Mike Ford who was overheard to say that of his 3 boys the youngest was the best and would go the furthest. The whole family have moved into Braybrooke near Market Harborough and Mike also said that he had a project in mind. I thought he was off to USA in the very near future but as the youngest is in the Wasps academy maybe he has something lined up there. Don't know but there are only 3 possibilities in the area - us, saints and wasps.
The Wasps website doesn't have a Ford listed.

http://www.fifteenrugby.com/48045-2/

Only reports I can find suggest Jacob Ford has gone into coaching. He might well go far in coaching though.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Thanks for the correction. I didn't hear the conversation but was given the info by someone who did and having checked with him he can now only remember Mike saying the youngest was the best of the 3. He is not sure how the "Wasps" connection came into the conversation.
Hehehehehehehehe
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Only really just started reading the forum over the past few weeks. i now know that when people say theyre in the know or their friend is, and that game changing signings should be announced in the next few days, and a week later there is nothing, that I shouldnt get my hopes up! I'd still like to think they're right tho and we will get some good news soon.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Goshengareth wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 pm Only really just started reading the forum over the past few weeks. i now know that when people say theyre in the know or their friend is, and that game changing signings should be announced in the next few days, and a week later there is nothing, that I shouldnt get my hopes up! I'd still like to think they're right tho and we will get some good news soon.
very sensible. Anyone who has had anything to do with contract negotiations will know that there is seldom anyone 'in the know' let alone people outside the negotiating table.
Most leaks will be Chinese whispers or agents manoeuvres. Of course, if you throw enough darts, sooner or later you will hit the bullseye :smt003
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Goshengareth wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 pm Only really just started reading the forum over the past few weeks. i now know that when people say theyre in the know or their friend is, and that game changing signings should be announced in the next few days, and a week later there is nothing, that I shouldnt get my hopes up! I'd still like to think they're right tho and we will get some good news soon.
I can confirm however that trendylfj is a reliable source of all that eminates from Braybrooke as he has contacts of the highest authority in that parish.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Thanks Stu - as most people understand we just pass on what we hear - recently I had a knee op done by a very high medic from the saints and you can only pass on what they say - that is exactly what everyone does and as long as it is clear that the "source" for your info is what you say it is then no-one should complain. We are not in the room when contract negotiations are taking place then that is all we can do - they are only just rumours and what we hear - some will be correct and others not.
Hehehehehehehehe
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

L Smith wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:07 am
very sensible. Anyone who has had anything to do with contract negotiations will know that there is seldom anyone 'in the know' let alone people outside the negotiating table.
Most leaks will be Chinese whispers or agents manoeuvres. Of course, if you throw enough darts, sooner or later you will hit the bullseye :smt003
never underestimate the possibility of an Agent leaking info to try to entice a higher offer from another club, happens in Football all the time and Agent get paid on commission, meaning higher pay packet for the player the higher their cut.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Well I was watching young Mackenzie playing for the chiefs and goal kicking excellently, but then at half time the game disappeared to be replaced by rugby league!!

Anyway I didn't realise that half the chiefs back line is moving on at the end of the season, with Kerr Barlowe and Cruden off to France and Lowe to Leinster, and Donald nearing retirement, it may be possible that he doesn't want to play in a un proven team
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Fissler seems to be indicating on twitter that he will have more on DMAC in tomorrow's TRP so not long to wait to find out if the deals fallen through or still on.