Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Post by sapajo »

Not sure if this is news or ancient history but Dom Barrow has started following Kyle Traynor on twitter so does that mean he has signed for Tigers, he is about to sign for Tigers or it's nothing of the sort :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I had a look on Shedweb and there is 20 pages in May to Tigers. The usual in the know comma that it's not true and in the know saying it is. There was some mention about Ed Slater following or commenting on Twitter, but as I felt like a vouyer already being on a Glaws site I couldn't bring myself to look it up!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Kyle Trainer is definitely at Tigers - he was playing pool with Ellis Genge, George McGuigan and Dom Ryan on Thursday (via Twitter).
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:20 pm I had a look on Shedweb and there is 20 pages in May to Tigers. The usual in the know comma that it's not true and in the know saying it is. There was some mention about Ed Slater following or commenting on Twitter, but as I felt like a vouyer already being on a Glaws site I couldn't bring myself to look it up!
Pretty standard reaction on Shedweb when arguably your top player is rumoured to be leaving. "We don't need him"..."He's not that good" ..and "I've spoken to [insert player] and it's rubbish" etc. One thing I will say for May is that aside from his pace, which is electric, he's developed under Eddie Jones. I always said that he must be a nightmare to play with when he sets off on a run across the pitch and trying to second guess where he's going to end up ! But he's been more direct in the last season or so, is better under the high ball and defensively he's really improved. A player of his quality who's best is yet to come is someone that any club would want in their squad.
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

To be fair the Gloucester fans I have spoken too seem pretty miffed about the prospect of losing May, both as a high end player at his peak and as a local lad. Not that he would be able to get much done with the current state of the pitch at Kingsholm :smt003

I'd actually be ok with the deal, as unpopular as that might be with some.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I'm chuffed with May! Out and out gas,a much improved player under EJ and with Nowell,Watson,Daly and Brown hopefully he plays more for us than we think!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Would be a great signing. Slater maybe offered starting spot down , whereas possibly 4th choice for us in my opinion
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Bit harsh on Slater there Mark,he would start for me and captain but MOC obviously doesn't fancy him.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

As I say in my opinion of our 4 locks there isn't really a fag papers width between them but for me it is Barrow, Kitchener and Fitzgerald before him. Also interesting where he plays Mike Williams and possibly follows the like of Scott Barrett who is equally comfortable at 4 or 6
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I prefer Fitzgerald at 6,his season there was far better than last season where he was mostly in the second row. But i have a feeling Wells will have a standout year this year.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Fissler intimating that the May-Slater swap is a done deal on his Twitter feed
SteakdinnerforAyerza

Post by SteakdinnerforAyerza »

Sad to lose Slater - class act on and off the pitch (and exemplifies that Tigers don't-take-a-step-backwards mentality). Seems O'Connor's thinking is we have a glut of locks and are lacking firepower out wide in the backs after Bethans departure. When asked if Slater could stay, Fissler's response was 'no way'. Feel as though Slater is being pushed through the back door rather than leaving of own accord. Wish slates well in the Cherry & Whites (except against Tigers, of course).
duffers
Tiger Cub

Post by duffers »

Interested to know if people think Jonny May is better than Peter Betham?
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I think it's a sound bit of business. May has got some gas and will makes our First choice backline very very potent. Gutted for Slater and hope it has been done in a responsible and respectful way. No more Burns saga I hope.
Bring on next season and the headline "Tigers very own May Day as Youngs lifts the premiership crown"
There is never any points for 2nd place...
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

duffers wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:31 pm Interested to know if people think Jonny May is better than Peter Betham?
Compared to his PB's first season - possibly not. Compared to last season - yes.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives