Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Post by RagingBull »

I mean we have who can play lock
Barrow, Kitchener, Fitzgerald, Williams, Wells, Kalamafoni and Maksymiw, Lewis in the development squad.

on the wing we have
Veainu, Thompstone, Holmes, Brady, Catchpole, Malouf and Olowofela in the development squad.

The gap between the top 2 wingers and the rest is much bigger than the gap between the locks IMO.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

reasonably happy - would have thought that the 2 clubs would just have said even Stevens regarding buying either player out of their contracts as both were under contract but don't know. Makes the back line up look very impressive and if we were to add DMAC or 1/2P would be one of the best in the prem. just can we get them enough ball?????
Hehehehehehehehe
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

He might not be a bad signing as I think his England call up might start to get less regular after the November internationals, you got 3 lions wings coming back, then solomona( if he can learn to defend) the two young lads who went Argentina. Although I don't know how much ball he'll see unless we sort out centres that would still me my main focus for
Recruitment unless there's an academy player they're planing on bring up.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Would be right in thinking that this shouldn't affect us signing a Dmac or Halfpenny too as Slaters cap would be freed up aswell as Bethams and JPPS
Flash

Post by Flash »

We're missing someone of his speed in the wing. I might be basing this on out of date views but as long as he runs a bit straighter he could be a good signing for us.

As much as I like Slater I do think we're quite well stocked at lock and the squad could cope with one less.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... nny-251074

Understand talks taking place tonight. Sources at Glos say it rests with Slates and whether he's willing to move
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sammy wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:58 pm http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... nny-251074

Understand talks taking place tonight. Sources at Glos say it rests with Slates and whether he's willing to move
That won't happen who would want to go to Glos........ :smt003 :smt002
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sammy wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:58 pm http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... nny-251074

The Mercury clearly caught on the hop - can't add anything to what's reported in GloucestershireLive.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

1/2p has signed for Cardiff according to Midi Olympique - https://www.ruck.co.uk/french-newspaper ... y-settled/
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:06 pm

That won't happen who would want to go to Glos........ :smt003 :smt002
Fraser Balmain.....Owen Williams....both have done
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Granby wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 pm 1/2p has signed for Cardiff according to Midi Olympique - https://www.ruck.co.uk/french-newspaper ... y-settled/
Yep, and unless we have bought DMac out of his contract........no top line FB and MOC sees TV as wing and Tait as centre.......
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:03 pm
Granby wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 pm 1/2p has signed for Cardiff according to Midi Olympique - https://www.ruck.co.uk/french-newspaper ... y-settled/
Yep, and unless we have bought DMac out of his contract........no top line FB and MOC sees TV as wing and Tait as centre.......
why is everyone so sure of that, he never used him there at the back of last season, using him exclusively at FB
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

A May for Slater swap (refraining from comment on this...) still leaves us with one of the smaller squads in the Premiership - so I hope there is more news coming!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Still think we need to get hold of another full back unless I've missed something over the last 10 days as I've been away, Ok we have Tait and Veainu but the first is getting on a bit and has lost that yard of pace he had when younger and the second has admitted to me personally that his favourite position is on the wing. So any progress in this?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Noddy555 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:21 pm Still think we need to get hold of another full back unless I've missed something over the last 10 days as I've been away, Ok we have Tait and Veainu but the first is getting on a bit and has lost that yard of pace he had when younger and the second has admitted to me personally that his favourite position is on the wing. So any progress in this?
Guess we may find out more quite soon if the Chiefs lose tomorrow..?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives