Gold Member

A New Financial Saviour?

Post by TomWeston »

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: A New Financial Saviour?

Post by Iain »

It obviously has some kind of knock on to us as our major sponsors. The terms of the sponsorship deal wouldn't change I'd suppose but I guess there's every possibility of them supporting other projects that requires financial support. Lets see.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Iain wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:53 am It obviously has some kind of knock on to us as our major sponsors. The terms of the sponsorship deal wouldn't change I'd suppose but I guess there's every possibility of them supporting other projects that requires financial support. Lets see.
Or reviewing the entire deal and pulling the plug totally.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Coops wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:49 pm
Iain wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:53 am It obviously has some kind of knock on to us as our major sponsors. The terms of the sponsorship deal wouldn't change I'd suppose but I guess there's every possibility of them supporting other projects that requires financial support. Lets see.
Also a possibility. I'm working on the assumption they'd stick around though as we give them a hell of a lot of exposure.
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

Saw the news article and I cant see how Tigers would benefit from this. Sponsorship this year has perhaps been driven in part by H&B's desire to raise profile and gain buyer interest. I doubt the new owner (a Russian) will have loyalty to a club and or sport he knows little about. Hope to see the sponsorship deal see it's term out or perhaps terminate early by mutual providing we can increase revenue.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Clowbeck wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:11 pm
Saw the news article and I cant see how Tigers would benefit from this. Sponsorship this year has perhaps been driven in part by H&B's desire to raise profile and gain buyer interest. I doubt the new owner (a Russian) will have loyalty to a club and or sport he knows little about. Hope to see the sponsorship deal see it's term out or perhaps terminate early by mutual providing we can increase revenue.
The article seems to indicate the new owners want to grow the business with them identifying areas in Europe. Would indicate that they won't year up the deal with us as we are a decent brand to be associated with.

Depending on which countries they see as target markets we may be an asset. If they want to take the brand to France, Russia, Georgia, Italy or Romania then we'd be a cost effective marketing tool (fraction of the price of a Premier League football sponsorship). Pre season location with friendlies and some community projects all the while wearing H&B branded kit.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Holland and Barrett has been foreign owned for a couple of decades. I wouldn't want to get excited, or somehow suddenly think that getting a foreign billionaire interested in an established rugby brand being his private play thing, is a good idea (which I take is what the OP is suggesting?). It's not.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Nothing would change as Peter Aldis is staying on as Chief Executive .... Thats the same Peter Aldis who is on the tigers board
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Let's hope this big Russian guy is a fan of Rugby, I have a friend who works at Holland & Barrett in Nuneaton in quite a senior position and she says that all the staff there although apprehensive at first which is quite natural are now delighted with the assurances that they have received about their jobs and the future direction of the company. It could follow that the new boss may merge the American company he owns which operates in the same field with H&B whilst keeping their separate trading names,
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The sponsorship agreement is a contract and I am sure will be adhered to by H & B's new owners. At the end of the term of the sponsorship of course H & B may decide not to continue and Tigers marketing will have to find a replacement, equally H & B may wish to continue and Tigers will have the opportunity of negotiating a new deal possibly with increased revenue.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Griff but we all know that contracts can be broken and if H&B decide taking a possible legal hit is still within their own interests, then they will pursue that avenue. Anyone who has spent time at senior board level as I have knows that all boards are answerable only to their share holders whether owned by a few big ones or many little ones. End of Story.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I too am a former company director although a fairly small company of just 17 employees, I know that a board will make decisions in the best interest of it shareholders even if that lands the company with hefty legal bills but in this instance the Chief Executive of H & B is a long term Tigers fan and a valued Director of Leicester Football Club Plc. (Tigers) so I think it unlikely there will be any sudden change and hopefully by the end of the contract the new owner will have been introduced to rugby and Tigers and fallen in love.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

dunks43 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:20 pm Nothing would change as Peter Aldis is staying on as Chief Executive .... Thats the same Peter Aldis who is on the tigers board
Russian oligarchs are, of course, known for their constancy and loyalty to the lieutenants who they employ and pay.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Noddy555 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:54 pm Yes Griff but we all know that contracts can be broken and if H&B decide taking a possible legal hit is still within their own interests, then they will pursue that avenue. Anyone who has spent time at senior board level as I have knows that all boards are answerable only to their share holders whether owned by a few big ones or many little ones. End of Story.
Were your 'senior board' appointments in England or in your other home country, France, Noddy?