Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: The Return Of Ford

Post by drc_007 »

ellis9 wrote:
TigerCam wrote:GF has played the best rugby over the past two tests. Even his tackling of the Argy biguns was solid and brave on a couple of occasions. IMO he showed all the attributes of being the 'general' on the park in a game where once again 'chaos' crept in. The speed in broken play of the Argies was a delight to watch as was the riposte of the England guys. Two cracking games of rugby with an England side of many young guns under pressure. The thing is now, who would you have in your starting 23 and 45 man squad with 61 players to chose from?
1. M. Vunipola
2. J. George
3. D. Cole
4. J. Launchbury
5. M. Itoje
6. S. Underhill
7. J. Haskell
8. B. Vunipola
9. B. Youngs
10.G. Ford
11.D.Solomana
12.E.Daly
13.J.Joseph
14.J.Nowell
15.A.Watson

Replacements:
K. Sinckler
E. Genge
L. Cowan-Dickie
G. Kruis
J. Clifford
D. Robson
D. Cipriani
M. Brown
How often has Daly played 12? What has Farrell done to be dropped other than play well for Lions? Solomana and Nowell seem to have gone missing in defence in recent weeks. Suspect it will Kruis and Launchbury in second row and Itoje at 6.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

drc_007 wrote:
ellis9 wrote:
TigerCam wrote:GF has played the best rugby over the past two tests. Even his tackling of the Argy biguns was solid and brave on a couple of occasions. IMO he showed all the attributes of being the 'general' on the park in a game where once again 'chaos' crept in. The speed in broken play of the Argies was a delight to watch as was the riposte of the England guys. Two cracking games of rugby with an England side of many young guns under pressure. The thing is now, who would you have in your starting 23 and 45 man squad with 61 players to chose from?
1. M. Vunipola
2. J. George
3. D. Cole
4. J. Launchbury
5. M. Itoje
6. S. Underhill
7. J. Haskell
8. B. Vunipola
9. B. Youngs
10.G. Ford
11.D.Solomana
12.E.Daly
13.J.Joseph
14.J.Nowell
15.A.Watson

Replacements:
K. Sinckler
E. Genge
L. Cowan-Dickie
G. Kruis
J. Clifford
D. Robson
D. Cipriani
M. Brown
How often has Daly played 12? What has Farrell done to be dropped other than play well for Lions? Solomana and Nowell seem to have gone missing in defence in recent weeks. Suspect it will Kruis and Launchbury in second row and Itoje at 6.
Haskell who is a true 6 at 7 and Underhill who is a true 7 at 6? :smt017

I don't see Cole getting his starting slot back if Sinkler continues to progress as he currently is.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Nevermind all the stupid stuff like Daly at 12 and 6 or 7 what person with any clue would drop Kruis who will start for the Lions and have Itoje and Launchbury...who will run the lineout :smt005 :smt023
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

On another note I thought Ford was great in Argentina and bar his place kicking which (whilst alright in general) will always be a worry looked a great singing and an upgrade on Burns for sure...only time will tell how he goes next season
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I was pleased that Ford Performed so well in Argentina.
Let's hope he can produce that form for us next season. Much will depend on how those around him respond.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

JackFlashJonny wrote:On another note I thought Ford was great in Argentina and bar his place kicking which (whilst alright in general) will always be a worry looked a great singing and an upgrade on Burns for sure...only time will tell how he goes next season
His place kicking was alright in general, he was great from the tee, hence why I was impressed, we always knew he has a great rugby brain it was his kicking that let him down, but it didn't in either of these matches
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

The question was who would we pick. I would pick the team I put on here. It's personal choice. To say I have no Rugby knowledge because you don't agree with me is pathetic!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

ellis9 wrote:The question was who would we pick. I would pick the team I put on here. It's personal choice. To say I have no Rugby knowledge because you don't agree with me is pathetic!

You are missing the point because of your lack of rugby knowledge :smt003

It is not about agreeing or disagreeing it is knowing the game of rugby and how people fit into a team so it can function...I will explain for you

Neither Launchbury or Itoje run a lineout...Itoje will in time and is learning but for a lineout to function you need a lock who runs this and all the calls etc..like Kruis who is fast turning into an incredible player hence most likely running the lineout for the Lions
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

By the way, Skysports has put on their website a Lions team selector.

They have got Daly in the centres options.

Just saying!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:43 pm
1. M. Vunipola
2. J. George
3. D. Cole
4. J. Launchbury
5. M. Itoje
6. S. Underhill
7. J. Haskell
8. B. Vunipola
9. B. Youngs
10.G. Ford
11.D.Solomana
12.E.Daly
13.J.Joseph
14.J.Nowell
15.A.Watson

Replacements:
K. Sinckler
E. Genge
L. Cowan-Dickie
G. Kruis
J. Clifford
D. Robson
D. Cipriani
M. Brown
Not so sure Underhill or Solomona are ready for starting places just yet, based on performances in Argentina.

And no space for Te'o or Farrell? Even on the bench?!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I did consider Teo and I'd have no problems slotting him in.

Farrell was no where near my thoughts.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:33 pm By the way, Skysports has put on their website a Lions team selector.

They have got Daly in the centres options.

Just saying!
Once again your lack of Rugby knowledge is letting you down :smt018 ...Daly plays 13 not 12

There is a stark difference between 12 and 13 on a rugby pitch hence he would be in the centres but no-one in their right mind would put him at 12 where he has never played...
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Perhaps my rugby knowledge is so good and so visionary that I know Daly would comfortably slot in to 12.

If Farrell can play 12 then Daly will have no problem playing there.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Is it me or has this topic gone off on a tangent?
Why not start a new thread on Centres?
Just saying :smt040
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I strongly disagree about Farrell, but to be honest I think Daly could be a pretty decent 12. He can kick, pass and tackle, and he's a danger with the ball in hand too. You could probably put him anywhere in the back line except 9 and he'd be very good - he's got pretty much every attribute you would want from a back.