Tigers Hilton

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Tigers Hilton

Post by Noggs »

Club chief executive Simon Cohen said: "I'm pleased to announce further news on the proposed development of the Granby Halls car park site. It's been a detailed process to get to this point and we thought it was important to share an update on the progress so far.

"Liaising with potential investors and the city council, we're close to reaching an agreement with a global hotel provider to operate a high-quality hotel complex which will add an exciting dimension for fans, partners, businesses and the city of Leicester.

"As UK rugby's best-supported club, sport continues to be a driving force in putting this city on the map and the fact that we will be able to offer top-of-the-range accommodation will enhance the city's strong sporting profile."

So it looks like it is all going ahead and with the likely revenue stream and synergy with the existing conference facilities it could secure the long tern finances of the club.

My assumption is that perhaps in conjunction with the development company Tigers will own the hotel complex and lease the running to one of the big name hotel brands. It is unlikely to be a budget brand as this would not fit with the usual corporate spend and expectation of this market. I trust we will have web cams on the build. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers Hilton

Post by L Smith »

Noggs wrote:Club chief executive Simon Cohen said: "I'm pleased to announce further news on the proposed development of the Granby Halls car park site. It's been a detailed process to get to this point and we thought it was important to share an update on the progress so far.

"Liaising with potential investors and the city council, we're close to reaching an agreement with a global hotel provider to operate a high-quality hotel complex which will add an exciting dimension for fans, partners, businesses and the city of Leicester.

"As UK rugby's best-supported club, sport continues to be a driving force in putting this city on the map and the fact that we will be able to offer top-of-the-range accommodation will enhance the city's strong sporting profile."

So it looks like it is all going ahead and with the likely revenue stream and synergy with the existing conference facilities it could secure the long tern finances of the club.

My assumption is that perhaps in conjunction with the development company Tigers will own the hotel complex and lease the running to one of the big name hotel brands. It is unlikely to be a budget brand as this would not fit with the usual corporate spend and expectation of this market. I trust we will have web cams on the build. :smt023
I'm sure Bill W (2) will be looking down with interest :smt023
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I suspect you're right.

Bah, humbug :smt002
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

He said "high quality hotel" so it can't be a Hilton...
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Neither can it be a Premier Inn! Perhaps a Leicester offshoot of Claridges?