New Forum!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Forum!

Post by ads »

Tigers Tiger wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:58 am Is there any reason that there is no way to click throughto the homepage, or other areas of the Main Website, from the Forum ?
This was very easy in the previous version.

Has this been answered any where? Surely it can't be difficult to put a link to the main website from here?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

There will be some changes to the forum but it is likely that these will be done as a bulk job rather than doing each one individually.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:54 pm There will be some changes to the forum but it is likely that these will be done as a bulk job rather than doing each one individually.
Thanks for the update. It had gone very quiet on here, although with the changes to the app and the website, some delay was expected.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:54 pm There will be some changes to the forum but it is likely that these will be done as a bulk job rather than doing each one individually.
:smt023
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Is it at all possible that this forum could be just that & restrict itself to general remarks as too how the last game went without the character assassination of some of our players/coaches etc.
It seems to me that for quite some time now just a few people feel the need to take over this forum & use it to their own ends.
Personal battles between one & other with sarcastic remarks to those that attempt to enter a post of an even handed statement, Unless this changes it will remain a stagnant area for the few & not a broad one for the many Tigers supporters who have been put off by the tactics/bullying of these few.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Qbec wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 am Is it at all possible that this forum could be just that & restrict itself to general remarks as too how the last game went without the character assassination of some of our players/coaches etc.
It seems to me that for quite some time now just a few people feel the need to take over this forum & use it to their own ends.
Personal battles between one & other with sarcastic remarks to those that attempt to enter a post of an even handed statement, Unless this changes it will remain a stagnant area for the few & not a broad one for the many Tigers supporters who have been put off by the tactics/bullying of these few.
One of the many advantages of the breadth of topics and opinions (and prejudices!) on here is that you get to choose whether you look (and/or contribute) in depth or superficially. Some topics I enjoy in some detail - for the rest, 'mile wide, inch deep' suits me fine!

Of course there are those who may irritate or offend but 'each to their own'. Someone who irritates me may be a valuable contributor in your eyes. So - to cope with that, I recommend the Foes feature. I've no-one in there right now (no, not even...no, I mustn't...no names!) but, in the past, it's made my visits to the Forum much more enjoyable to be able to select users who I can ignore by default. (Posts by these users will not be fully visible.)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Qbec wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 am Is it at all possible that this forum could be just that & restrict itself to general remarks as too how the last game went without the character assassination of some of our players/coaches etc. It seems to me that for quite some time now just a few people feel the need to take over this forum & use it to their own ends.
I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of a forum.
Qbec wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 amPersonal battles between one & other with sarcastic remarks to those that attempt to enter a post of an even handed statement, Unless this changes it will remain a stagnant area for the few & not a broad one for the many Tigers supporters who have been put off by the tactics/bullying of these few.
How can it not be personal. If someone states an opinion and I disagree with it, I am disagreeing with their personal opinion. As long as I attack their opinion and not them it should be fine. If I attack them then someone should report it the mods and have it pulled and me warned.

The forum actually seems fine to me at the minute.
nahiean

Post by nahiean »

It's been a lot better than the others.
I log in my phone for most of the time,
and I found that I am getting everything very well. :smt041
:smt041 :smt041
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

nahiean wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:45 am It's been a lot better than the others.
I log in my phone for most of the time,
and I found that I am getting everything very well. :smt041
:smt041 :smt041
I wondered how long it would be before 'The Management' planted a Shill......

:smt048
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

It's now well over 7 months since we were asked to comment on the design of the forum. I appreciate that time has been spent on the website and app in the meantime, but has anything been done here? Not as far as I can see. Is the "ignore them long enough and they will go away" tactic being employed?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 pm It's now well over 7 months since we were asked to comment on the design of the forum. I appreciate that time has been spent on the website and app in the meantime, but has anything been done here? Not as far as I can see. Is the "ignore them long enough and they will go away" tactic being employed?
Like button? Think we are at the bottom of the improvement pile again.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

An ability to view pictures would be great as well, save us copying a whole team list
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

In response to Cageytiger, it has been 7 months since the introduction of the new forum. Changes are still planned but the clean up of data and the transfer to the new platform has taken longer than expected.
Also, the introduction of the New Tigers App has taken some priority in getting it set up and functional.
The changes are still being considered and will be made at an appropriate time.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:00 pm In response to Cageytiger, it has been 7 months since the introduction of the new forum.
Pedant alert. We were asked to comment on a "beta" version at the beginning of June last year. On the 21st June (almost 10 months ago) when I commented that everybody seemed to be seeing the "beta" version, given the number of comments, and that my link was taking me to the new version, Iain (who seemed to be "in the know") said that the forum was live but not the website.
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

New forum? No. It's a shameful reflection on the team. I've been posting tonight and the performance of the message board has been even worse than the Tigers on the pitch this season. Fans, players, coaches, managers, stewards, owners - whoever we are, connected to or employed by the club, we are Tigers. We are a team. 'Good enough' isn't good enough. Whether you're on the pitch, pouring a pint of :censored: in the ABC, selling a shirt or flying in from Jersey, we are Tigers. Forget that, and we're nothing.