New Forum!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Forum!

Post by biffer »

Looks good, but I feel like it's shouting at me. Although that might be the ridiculously large 4k screen that I just got given at work, feels like I'm in a ruddy wind tunnel.
TigersAdminPudz

Post by TigersAdminPudz »

Hi biffer,

:smt115 May we recommend sitting further away from the screen....
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

cheltexile wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 pm The new forum is much much better to read on a mobile device (finally!)
Must admit I never had a problem with the old forum on my tablet. Most websites are poor on a mobile phone.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

TigersAdminPudz wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:37 am Hi Cagey Tiger....it is definitely just you.
Meanwhile....Tigers Admin ducks for cover
We agree with some of the colour scheme, particularly around differentiating between posts, so we'll look at some restyling once we've gone live with the new website next Tuesday.

Keep any feedback coming...we may not be able to sort everything, but we feel we've got a good base to work from.
How to win friends and influence people. :smt018
P.S I wasn't asking you.

Helloo. If the new site is not going live until next Tuesday, why do I get this forum when I launch from the shortcut that I have used for years? And why do lots of other regular users seem to be doing the same?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:30 am
cheltexile wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 pm The new forum is much much better to read on a mobile device (finally!)
Must admit I never had a problem with the old forum on my tablet. Most websites are poor on a mobile phone.
The old forum was not optimised for mobile devices. As such if you loaded it on a mobile or tablet it appeared very small. Most websites are now designed in a way that they are easier to read on a mobile device if that's what you load it on.

You really do hate change and improvement don't you?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am
TigersAdminPudz wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:37 am Hi Cagey Tiger....it is definitely just you.
Meanwhile....Tigers Admin ducks for cover
We agree with some of the colour scheme, particularly around differentiating between posts, so we'll look at some restyling once we've gone live with the new website next Tuesday.

Keep any feedback coming...we may not be able to sort everything, but we feel we've got a good base to work from.
How to win friends and influence people. :smt018
P.S I wasn't asking you.

Helloo. If the new site is not going live until next Tuesday, why do I get this forum when I launch from the shortcut that I have used for years? And why do lots of other regular users seem to be doing the same?
Because the forum is now live but the full website isn't yet.

Stop whinging.
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

When will the avatars be uploadable and do you know when/if the 'like' functionality will be added?
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:46 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am
Because the forum is now live but the full website isn't yet.

Stop whinging.
Cheers Iain, re the website. :smt023

And it isn't whingeing, apart from my last comment, it has been pointing out where the forum is badly designed and not thought out.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

If I click on a thread with 'Unread Posts', does it automatically take me to the first post made since I last visited the thread i.e the earliest of the posts I've not yet read? If it does - good but I must be clicking on something by mistake. If it doesn't - ooops.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 pm If I click on a thread with 'Unread Posts', does it automatically take me to the first post made since I last visited the thread i.e the earliest of the posts I've not yet read? If it does - good but I must be clicking on something by mistake. If it doesn't - ooops.
It does if you click on the icon rather than the title - but this has always been the case :smt023
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Iain wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:10 pm
strawclearer wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 pm If I click on a thread with 'Unread Posts', does it automatically take me to the first post made since I last visited the thread i.e the earliest of the posts I've not yet read? If it does - good but I must be clicking on something by mistake. If it doesn't - ooops.
It does if you click on the icon rather than the title - but this has always been the case :smt023
Ta! :smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
upandunder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by upandunder »

Looks good but would have liked to see the posters remain on the left.
Once opened the topic line should show in red as is currently the case.
Makes it easier to manage.
Well done though.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Does this quoting of quotes of quotes need to remain?

Nowhere on other forums (that I use) does this occur. If you quote someone, you are quoting them, not them quoting someone else, quoting them!

It does get confusing and look untidy. Can the forum software not utilise Multi-Quote?
Tigers Tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigers Tiger »

And no link from the Forum to get back to the main site ????
All very clunky and slow.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

It's a bit lively, not sure about the 'clunky'. Also sorry no like facility. May grow familiar. :smt003
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.