New Forum!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Forum!

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Please move things back to the left I cannot deal with it being on the right!!!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:24 pm Please move things back to the left I cannot deal with it being on the right!!!
You're at least the 4th one to comment on this, so there may be some hope that things will change :smt023
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Forum:
A massive improvement. Looks much smarter and is now actually usable on mobile devices. However, the icons on the left would be better and it does need a link to take the user back to the homepage or other parts of the website. Incidentally, viewed in portrait on a mobile device it looks very good in terms of icon location. A like feature.... I could give or take. Not something that's particularly common on any other forum I use.

Superb. Much better! I would perhaps add a section where all video content (match highlights etc) are stored and categorised. Hats off, since the previous incarnation was an utter dog's breakfast. I look forward to seeing how the match centre works.

I look forward now to seeing the improved app, which if the live match centre and push notifications work as well as I hope, will be an invaluable addition.

Excellent work boffins :smt023

I can't access the Google document at work, but I'll complete it at home when I can.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

One thing for the website though: Could we have players' stats for their whole career on their bios rather than just the last three seasons?
PaulinBroughton
Tiger Cub

Post by PaulinBroughton »

Hey Pudz I like it. New website looks good :👍
byrontiger

Post by byrontiger »

Please could you move the poster's description back to the left.

English is a language that is read from left to right. I imagine most people using this site are familiar with English.
I realise that Leicester is a very multi-cultural city but I do not think that the Fan Forum for Tigers needs to adopt the culture of
Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Hebrew, Kurdish or Aramaic.

Perhaps the web developers did not realise.
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Having the posters names and icons on the right makes no sense. It also unbalances the page, the weight of the line being "pulled" down at the end (basic design theory and practice). Having the icons on the right only works if you read from right to left.

It is not easy to differentiate quoted blocks of text from new posts. There is no discernable change in typeface, weight or style to help the reader.

Black on white is very hard on the eyes - that is why books are printed on off white or cream paper (basic design theory and practice)

All in all, a great disappointment. The forum needed refreshing, but this isn't the answer.
Valhalla I am coming!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Why will you not just put things back on the left??!!!!!! It makes reading in this forum nauseous :smt010 :smt009 :smt011
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Might I suggest that whoever is responsible for this redesign gets hold of a copy of John Miles "Design for Desktop Publishing", a standard handbook although a little old now.

Why is the title of the thread so prominent in each reply?

Why is the "return" button so small and difficult to find?

Why is this redesign just SO BAD, contravening best practice throughout?

Has whoever approved this any familiarity with the principles of website design?

Start again!
Valhalla I am coming!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

fleabane wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:36 pm Might I suggest that whoever is responsible for this redesign gets hold of a copy of John Miles "Design for Desktop Publishing", a standard handbook although a little old now.

Has whoever approved this any familiarity with the principles of website design?

Start again!
Oh do pipe down.

It could do with a bit of tweaking - that's all.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:15 pm
fleabane wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:36 pm Might I suggest that whoever is responsible for this redesign gets hold of a copy of John Miles "Design for Desktop Publishing", a standard handbook although a little old now.

Start again!
Oh do pipe down.

It could do with a bit of tweaking - that's all.
In your opinion Iain, although I do agree that some relatively minor changes could make a big difference. It's just that a large proportion of the visual changes that have been made have, to me, made the forum worse to use.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

is there anyway i can get an email notification when a topic I subscribe to has been updated?
cheers
Rich
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rykard wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:39 pm is there anyway i can get an email notification when a topic I subscribe to has been updated?
If you click on the spanner at the bottom of the post in that topic, you will be able to subscribe.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Can someone please get back to me on whether things will be moved back to the left?

Whoever decided to do that is just plain stupid...
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:49 pm
Rykard wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:39 pm is there anyway i can get an email notification when a topic I subscribe to has been updated?
If you click on the spanner at the bottom of the post in that topic, you will be able to subscribe.
i have clicked on the spanner, but do not get emailed notifications. is there somewhere else i need to go?
cheers
Rich