Premiership and European Fixtures for next season - 2017-18

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership and European Fixtures for next season - 2017

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

A few details to add to the previous comments: remember you HATE Racing and their supporter. They...they... play for Racing. and he SUPPPORTS them!

They are not even located in Paris, but in some filthy suburb. I mean their supporter is a decent chap BUT (and that is the only true thing in that post) his shouts are AMPLIFIED by the stadium sound system.

Feel free to ask for a decent restaurant or bar in Paris, there are one or two that still won't bar me.

Wow, I hate Racing! :smt009
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Roly wrote:Pool 2.... ouch.
Just a bit eh? Just looked at the Saints unoffy. You can imagine their thoughts!!

For our group, at least having faced both Munster and Racing in the last two years' competitions they should be more of a known entity.

Those going to Castres should find loads of ways of getting there - lovely part of the world (albeit not the time of year I'd ordinarily choose to be there!)
Plus the old tale of French sides not travelling well. Who knows...
Will Steve Mafi still be there next season? Will be good to welcome him back.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Noddy555 wrote:Well that is some Group, not the Pool of Death which is Pool 2 but difficult all the same, we are going to have to look to home and away wins at Racing and Castres and possibly a home win against Munster to qualify,that's a tall order.
Yeah, only way that could've been worse is if they had Ulster instead of Ospreys, given how unbelievably awful the Welsh sides always are in Europe.
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

It will be an interesting measure of whether we have improved if we can do better in next season's Champions Cup against Munster and Racing!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:A few details to add to the previous comments: remember you HATE Racing and their supporter. They...they... play for Racing. and he SUPPPORTS them!

They are not even located in Paris, but in some filthy suburb. I mean their supporter is a decent chap BUT (and that is the only true thing in that post) his shouts are AMPLIFIED by the stadium sound system.

Feel free to ask for a decent restaurant or bar in Paris, there are one or two that still won't bar me.

Stade Fan, I might ask you for a bit of advice if I come over for the Edinburgh game in the Challenge Cup this year...
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

The Red Squirell, near Princes Street Edinburgh, great choice of beer, good burgers. :smt003
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

biffer wrote:
Ze Stade Fan wrote:A few details to add to the previous comments: remember you HATE Racing and their supporter. They...they... play for Racing. and he SUPPPORTS them!

Stade Fan, I might ask you for a bit of advice if I come over for the Edinburgh game in the Challenge Cup this year...
You mean in Paris ? I'd be too willing to oblige ! :smt006
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

biffer wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Well that is some Group, not the Pool of Death which is Pool 2 but difficult all the same, we are going to have to look to home and away wins at Racing and Castres and possibly a home win against Munster to qualify,that's a tall order.
Yeah, only way that could've been worse is if they had Ulster instead of Ospreys, given how unbelievably awful the Welsh sides always are in Europe.
Only the Italians and Scots are worse.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:
biffer wrote:

You mean in Paris ? I'd be too willing to oblige ! :smt006
:smt023
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
biffer wrote:
I'll give you the Italians.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

So biffer will embra let me register for their forum so I can follow cockers or am I still on the black list?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Could be worse (eg Saints) could be a lot better (eg Bath) but no group is going to be easy.

I might just try and get 2 or 3 weekends away this year, providing they are not Sunday fixtures obviously!!
Soggypitch
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

biffer wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
biffer wrote:Yeah, only way that could've been worse is if they had Ulster instead of Ospreys, given how unbelievably awful the Welsh sides always are in Europe.
I'll give you the Italians.
And I'll give you the Scarlets and Ospreys, whose record of getting out of the group stages of the HEC/Champions Cup (4QFs + 1 SF) is better than Glasgow and Edinburgh. And I'm sure that the Blues have chipped in with at least one SF. Not recently, I'll give you, but you did say "always" :smt002
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Sorry, chaps, but I can't see an away win among Racing, Castres and Munster.
Let's concentrate on the league!!
I'll get my coat before the rotten tomatoes start flying!
Semper in excretia
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
biffer wrote:
Like Glasgow who man shamed Tigers home and away last year?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.