Re: New Signings !!!! I am totally under whelmed

Post by Scott11 »

McCaffrey covering 6?! Really?
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Is Ford better than Burns? Really ? (don't use the plays for England excuse please)
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Roly wrote:
Iain wrote:*"JOURNEYMAN" KLAXON!!!!*
Whoever it is would have to go a long way to beat De Villiers...

Or JPP.....or Mermoz....
I agree Roly, very good players, all 3. Would need to be someone special to be better than them.
Most of us wouldn't know, since between them they spent virtually their entire tenures at the club injured.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Marty McKenzie - Crusaders & NZ 11/14/15
Damian Mckenzie - Chiefs & NZ 10/15
Maleki Fekitoa - Highlanders & NZ 12/13.
Amanaki Mafi - Rebels & Japan 8.

Can't see is signing all of those.

Also, looking at the possible departures list, losing Croft and Macafferey would suggest there's a further Back Row player in the offing, though I'd assumed Mapapalangi.
6. Williams, Ryan
7. O'Connor, Evans
8. Kalamafoni, Hamilton, Mapapalangi

Also, losing Pietersen and Catchpole after Betham has gone, would leave us light at winger.

Interesting to see what happens.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

FRUM,unbelievably light at centre too,must be at least 3 coming in with Williams,Mermoz,Roberts,Betham going and Tait going who covers 12 and 13 and JPP who plays 13,so we've got two sicknotes,Smith and C, Thackers??! At least 3 needed for a sustainable top 4 and RCC run!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I thought Ford(and Genge) were outstanding for England v the Pumas, if George plays and tackles like that we will be fine next season. I liked Freddies play and I don't like the way the board treated him, but looking forward our team on paper looks excellent, just need to get that transposed to grass.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I like the way everyone's hanging their hat on the GF,MT,MT MF,injuries and England games??
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

With all these stellar name signings around I think it is time we put our trust in MOC and let him pick his squad for next season...

Whilst very sad to see Croft go I would welcome those signings with open arms and it shows MOC is not resting on his laurels and going for players he wants to propel us foward...

Imagine a world with Youngs, Ford, Mckenzie, Toomua, Fekitoa, Thompstone and Veainu starting and Manu coming off the bench :smt007
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

My kiwi mate reckons no chance for Damian as he will be fighting the Barret brothers for the 15 and 10 shirts and Bin Smuth hasn't long left for the ABs, he said Marty is a good shout though,plays both 10 and 15,runs and kicks well and has struggled to stay in the 23 of all 3 NZ sides he's played for so is surplus to requirements. Fekitoa is a pipe dream if he turned down 700k at Toulon. But al least 3 centres needed if JPP and Tait go,at least 3!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Plus Cruden is leaving the Chiefs for the French money so McKenzie will be their number 1 FH,no chance he leaves!
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Scott11 wrote:Plus Cruden is leaving the Chiefs for the French money so McKenzie will be their number 1 FH,no chance he leaves!
Just like there was no chance we would finish in the top 4 and you were right on that one, oh wait... :smt022
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Scott11 wrote:Is Ford better than Burns? Really ? (don't use the plays for England excuse please)
Just because you don't like an argument doesn't make it any less pertinent.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Ford is a better 10 than Burns in my opinion.

I'm not sure Tigers need at least 3 centres really either.

IF they sign Fekitoa then we know he won't be away for internationals, maybe one more centre after that and give the likes of Worth and Thacker a run if needed both have been decent for Nottingham so worth a try at least. (They may not be up to it but we don't know that till tried).
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
Roly wrote: Whoever it is would have to go a long way to beat De Villiers...

Or JPP.....or Mermoz....
I agree Roly, very good players, all 3. Would need to be someone special to be better than them.
Most of us wouldn't know, since between them they spent virtually their entire tenures at the club injured.
Are you saying that you (and many others) only watch Tigers matches? If you watched some other games, you might have seen them play elsewhere and be able to get a rough idea from there :smt023

P.S. Generally, teams that are struggling (as Tigers did on quite a few occasions this season) tend to get more injuries as players are being pushed to, and beyond, their limits.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I was wrong I admit,nice to see another pathetic sadcase post trawler though lol