New Signings !!!! I am totally under whelmed

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Signing - Stop Moaning!

Post by Spicer »

This is a discussion forum, discussing new signings is normal. Even if people are underwhelmed or whatever that doesn't mean they won't cheer them on when it gets to match day.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Signing - Stop Moaning!

Post by sapajo »

1988 wrote:There is a lot of moaning about new signing on here. I for one would like to welcome the new players.

How about we respect the decisions the club has made and back the new players - alternatively ... support a club that has signed the players you like.

Completely agree with discussing rumours and players we would like etc, but once they are officially signed a announced, back them.
As much as you have the right to express your opinion so has everyone else, that is why its called a Forum.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Richardfje

Re: New Signings !!!! I am totally under whelmed

Post by Richardfje »

There are a lot of backs who would fit the bill seem to be available for a move to the premiership and around Europe such as Kyle Eastmond (who has been rumoured to join us), James O'Connor (who would be split the fans but can often produce magic), Jason Woodward (rumoured to be joining a premiership side after Bristol were relegated and he has had an amazing season), Francis Saili (Rumoured to be joining harlequins), Wesley Fofana (most likely to be joining Monpellier but the rumour shows availability), Mike Brown (rumoured to want a more successful club and rumoured to join us) and Malakai Fekitoa (heavily rumoured with a move to the premiership)

Most of these are a huge long shot so don't get angry and question how unrealistic most of these are as they are just ideas and examples of available players
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Jason Woodward isn't available, he has signed for Gloucester.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Richardfje wrote:There are a lot of backs who would fit the bill seem to be available for a move to the premiership and around Europe such as Kyle Eastmond (who has been rumoured to join us), James O'Connor (who would be split the fans but can often produce magic), Jason Woodward (rumoured to be joining a premiership side after Bristol were relegated and he has had an amazing season), Francis Saili (Rumoured to be joining harlequins), Wesley Fofana (most likely to be joining Monpellier but the rumour shows availability), Mike Brown (rumoured to want a more successful club and rumoured to join us) and Malakai Fekitoa (heavily rumoured with a move to the premiership)

Most of these are a huge long shot so don't get angry and question how unrealistic most of these are as they are just ideas and examples of available players
Brown has signed a new deal at Quins and Woodward has joined Gloucester.

Fekitoa is negotiating with the NZRU so his agent is putting out the feelers to help push up their offer.

Fofana, I'd be gobsmacked if he left Clermont. They've got a great side and plenty of cash as well as the preferred French 10, 12 and 13.

Saili would be a very good signing. His time at Munster was a bit hit and miss. I thought he'd have headed back to NZ to take a shot at the AB team but it looks like he wants to stay in Europe.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us linked with more Leinster and Tongan players as MOC will probably have an eye in some players he's worked with before like Ryan.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Fofana been linked to Montpelier.

Saili to Harlequins doing the rounds.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ellis9 wrote:I bet you were also underwhelmed when we signed Telusa Veainu?!

Look how good he is!
No I wasn't
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote:Fofana been linked to Montpelier.

Saili to Quins was doing the rounds a couple of weeks ago but it seems to have gone quiet after that. Munster have confirmed he's off so he is available.

Fofana has been at Clermont for 9 years, the entirety of his professional career. If he was moving back home to Paris otherwise I'm not sure of the motivation behind a move to Montpelier. Clermont aren't small fry, they'll pay him the going contract rate.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Look it's as simple as this - Tigers arr continuing with the established model of signing mainly jouneymen players that won't get picked for Internationals. You espected something more?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sam16111986 wrote:

Saili to Quins was doing the rounds a couple of weeks ago but it seems to have gone quiet after that. Munster have confirmed he's off so he is available.

Fofana has been at Clermont for 9 years, the entirety of his professional career. If he was moving back home to Paris otherwise I'm not sure of the motivation behind a move to Montpelier. Clermont aren't small fry, they'll pay him the going contract rate.
Cotter
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote:
sam16111986 wrote:

Cotter
Very good point. I'd forgotten about that link.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes there are some wonderful players who are supposed to be available, but the question is do we have any money left under the Salary cap to entice them to Welford Road? Brown would be first choice at fullback so that would leave Veianu free to chase a wing spot which I'm told his is favourite position and given his comparative youth to JPP I would think No. 11 would be ideal for him.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

G.K wrote:Look it's as simple as this - Tigers arr continuing with the established model of signing mainly jouneymen players that won't get picked for Internationals. You espected something more?
I was wondering how long it would take for "journeymen" to crawl out from under a stone. It's the same every year. If you aren't from the Tigers academy, a promising young player or international star, you're a journeyman. :smt015
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
G.K wrote:Look it's as simple as this - Tigers arr continuing with the established model of signing mainly jouneymen players that won't get picked for Internationals. You espected something more?
I was wondering how long it would take for "journeymen" to crawl out from under a stone. It's the same every year. If you aren't from the Tigers academy, a promising young player or international star, you're a journeyman. :smt015
http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... =1&t=44344

I wrote this some months ago on the same topic, agree it was only a matter of time before mentioned again!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

How long is Ben Teo under contract at Worcester for? Couldn't we tempt him away? With the amount of players leaving there must be some cash available.

I'm reasonably happy with the forwards now, but centre/fly half is a real concern in terms of strength in depth and our injury record.
Soggypitch