Watching the Lions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Watching the Lions

Post by technologus »

I live in Ohio, so watching the Lions on a live internet stream would see me getting up at 3-3.30am. I'm prepared to do this but I'd prefer to watch it 'as live', a little later in the day.

Does anyone know of a site where I'd be able to watch the match in full at a time of my choosing?
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Watching the Lions

Post by Grimlish »

I have a related query.

I shall be on enforced enjoyment for a couple of the Tests in the land of Heroes and Myths aka the Greek isles. The advertised listings don't seem to include Greece as receiving a straightforward broadcast signal and in recent years I've found streaming via VPN increasingly unreliable e.g. Using location services being required. Any ideas?
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

It's being repeated (the full 180 minutes, same as the live show) on Sky Sports 3 at 3pm BST, so I'll be able to watch it at the much more reasonable time of 10am EDT on cricfree

http://cricfree.sc/sky-sports-3-live-stream-3

The live show will be on

http://cricfree.sc/sky-sports-1-live-stream-ss-1

I'll probably watch the live show for this first game at least, just to be on the safe side :smt001
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Pretty poor from the Lions so far. Sexton picking up from the last Leinster game dreadful. Picked ball carrying props who put no pressure on opposition scrum. Back 5 of scum not really imposing themselves, bet they wish they had Launchbury to call on.

Laidlaw's pass lacks zip

Teo looks useful and Hogg has been very solid in defence.

Need a few changes at HT I think
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Farrell made a big impact when he replaced Sexton, Tipuric brought a edge to the defence when replacing Warburton who was pretty anonymous.

Pretty nondescript start by Lions, need to step up several gears.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I didn't expect it to be a great game with it being the first match and all but that was 80 minutes I'll never get back!
I thought Hogg made a complete dogs dinner of a certain try for Watson in the first half with what was a shocking pass at any level let alone for the Lions!
Faletau played well IMO, and Farrell and the front row replacements made a difference.
Found it difficult watching Te'o in a Lions shirt to be honest, not worth a place anyway in my opinion but seeing a New Zealand born Samoan representative rugby league convert to union against the New Zealand Barbarians just doesn't do the Lions hype any good for me!
welshy08

Post by welshy08 »

First lions match is always the same. Thought the Welsh guys did well.

Lets be honest without the Welsh the lions would have disbanded years ago.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

welshy08 wrote:First lions match is always the same. Thought the Welsh guys did well.

Lets be honest without the Welsh the lions would have disbanded years ago.
Trolling as usual :smt015 :smt015 :smt015
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Just ignore
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

One thing stood out for me in that game, which was how much quicker the ball came back for the baabaas, and how much crisper their passing was. Lions were slow and ponderous.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Given that the Lions only arrived midweek, I was not expecting a spectacular performance. A win to start the momentum is good....expect better perfirmances as they acclimatise to the time zone.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

drc_007 wrote:Farrell made a big impact when he replaced Sexton, Tipuric brought a edge to the defence when replacing Warburton who was pretty anonymous.

Pretty nondescript start by Lions, need to step up several gears.
Farrell added some good impetus when he first came on and it was a nice kick to the corner with the kick chase providing the field position for the score. He drifted out of the game though and that penalty miss was very poor by his standards. I think a little jet lag crept in and he wasn't the only one.

Some big name players failed to turn up and I can't remember AWJ playing that badly when I've seen him play before.

I hope some of our scout are over there and having a chat with the Barbarians 15 and 11. Those guys seemed quite handy in slippery conditions.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Have to say the lions looked exactly what they are a bunch a strangers playing together, bish bash boss up the middle is not going to bring success on this tour, gatland is doing what he knows best, play his Welsh mates and try to out power teams, it just isn't going to work. As for performances, shockers from AWJ, Warburton (not fit or good enough), Best, Laidlow, Hogg, Sexton were just awful, for me Sinckler was MOTM, great ball carrying and endless energy, the key is will Gatland change things or stick to plan A which he probably will.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I really don't see jet lag as a decent excuse. Three days in which every aspect of their lives including sleep patterns could (and should) have been carefully planned and managed is plenty to cope with a change in time zone.

Really poor opening performance, much improvement needed if they're to challenge the Super Rugby teams, let alone the All Blacks.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

baz1664 wrote:Have to say the lions looked exactly what they are a bunch a strangers playing together, bish bash boss up the middle is not going to bring success on this tour, gatland is doing what he knows best, play his Welsh mates and try to out power teams, it just isn't going to work. As for performances, shockers from AWJ, Warburton (not fit or good enough), Best, Laidlow, Hogg, Sexton were just awful, for me Sinckler was MOTM, great ball carrying and endless energy, the key is will Gatland change things or stick to plan A which he probably will.
Pretty well sums it up for me apart from Fazlet showing some good touches and leadership.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.