New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:31 pm Now a choice between which one??
Similar dilemma for me but, Why have one, when you can have two at twice the price? :smt002 (Film quote!)

I'll probably buy one round start of season then wait out on the other one until a reduction or two inevitably comes around.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

They look nice, what's the quality like is my question.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:33 pm They look nice, what's the quality like is my question.
Time will tell I guess TB
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

The level of branding on the classic version is shameful...yet another year I won't be purchasing :smt011

I understand the sponsors want their moneysworth and rightly so on the playing kit but that level on the classic version is pretty poor in my book...

The sponsor on the arm and shoulders is awful

Anyone know where you can buy 2008 kits in decent fettle? :smt030
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Now that it's been revealed it gets the thumbs up from me particularly the alternate kit which has replaced that
dull drab duster which we wore last year. Looking forward to buying both kits shortly. :smt007
willtigers

Post by willtigers »

SteakdinnerforAyerza wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:38 am Really like both the new kits - retro and kit looks better quality. But, the online store is up to its old tricks again...No accurate size guide (still Kooga) and can't select a player's name to have on shirt. :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
I found this Kukri size guide if that helps: http://www.kukrisports.com/pages/size-guide.html
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Unlike most posters I'm not completely sold on this one yet. I hope it will grow on me. The orange sponsor's logo that is the worst bugbear for some will look better when it is balanced by the yellow AP logo on the other shoulder. Perhaps.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

The home shirt is reasonable (unlike many recently). I can see why people might find the Mattioli Woods logo a bit OTT; it does leap out on the classic, especially if you leave the back as it is. You need to have a number on the replica or it looks pretty naff. Agree that only having the stripe on the front is a bit meh. Personally, just another set of stripes would make it appeal much more. 6/10.

Alternate kit, really like the front. Shame no classic versions (as currently advertised in the shop). Need a number on the back to tone down the logos. 7/10, would be 8/10 for a classic (i.e no Fisher logo).

It's all personal taste. With 2 feet of wardrobe hanging space already taken up with rugby shirts, i have to really like something to be persuaded to buy it now, especially as they cost a fair amount. An alternate in classic would have done the trick. The rest are very close, but not quite. If I didn't have so many already, would have bought the classic. Definite improvement on almost every shirt produced since Cotton Traders.
SteakdinnerforAyerza

Post by SteakdinnerforAyerza »

willtigers wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:31 am
SteakdinnerforAyerza wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:38 am Really like both the new kits - retro and kit looks better quality. But, the online store is up to its old tricks again...No accurate size guide (still Kooga) and can't select a player's name to have on shirt. :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
I found this Kukri size guide if that helps: http://www.kukrisports.com/pages/size-guide.html
Cheers, Will! :smt023 :smt030
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

I've lost over 3 stone this year, yet my size just seems to get larger according to Tigers' procession of kit partners! No sizes are accurate and consistent since Cotton Traders.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

JWM wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:12 pm I've lost over 3 stone this year, yet my size just seems to get larger according to Tigers' procession of kit partners! No sizes are accurate and consistent since Cotton Traders.
I have a similar problem, I'd say a kooga XS translates to a standard M
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
AusTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by AusTiger »

What's the difference between the playing and replica jersey and why is one twice the price of the other?
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

AusTiger wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am What's the difference between the playing and replica jersey and why is one twice the price of the other?
Playing kit is what the players wear - high performance material that is figure hugging, with nothing printed or stitched on.
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

Received my home and away replica shirts today. Quality is pretty good. There are no 'transfers' and all the logos are printed except the Tigers logo, which is embroidered.

Great effort from Tigers and their distributors to get the new shirts out before the first game. I thought I'd be struggling as I live in Ohio but the shirts shipped from Manchester yesterday and were delivered today.
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

technologus wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:55 am Received my home and away replica shirts today. Quality is pretty good. There are no 'transfers' and all the logos are printed except the Tigers logo, which is embroidered.

Great effort from Tigers and their distributors to get the new shirts out before the first game. I thought I'd be struggling as I live in Ohio but the shirts shipped from Manchester yesterday and were delivered today.
If you get chance could you post a few pics? Want to see what it really looks like instead of the PC generated ones on the shop (yes i know i'll see it on Sunday but i'm impatient :))