New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by kpj tiger »

It's not the best but certainly not the worst.

I'll probably get it but this time I won't have a players name printed on the back as I'm beginning to think I curse whoever I have put on it :smt005 (JDV 2 seasons ago and Toomua last season)
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

So we're all making judgements of the new kit based on a computer generated image of a game which hasn't even be released yet, and I suspect still being programmed/written in some form.

I'll reserve full judgement until I see either the new kit in person or an official picture.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Guys, it's just a kit.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ourla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:50 pm Guys, it's just a kit.
I think this is so, but the club need ensure that 1) it arrives, 2) hasn't been made upside down and 3) actually sells! :smt003
Last edited by Hot_Charlie on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Sitting in the garden yesterday evening - enjoying a pint from my Tigers matchday plastic mug (we have grandkids and my daughter is in Health & Safety) - looking at the predominance of Green with bold bands of Red and White - thinking "Why can't they make a shirt like that?" :smt030
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Nipper, now 24, pulled his old "Joel Stransky" NEXT shirt out from the wardrobe. I had similar thought to Mr Strawclearer.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Tigers feature in the trailer for Rugby 18 Gameplay - http://www.menstuff.co.za/games/rugby-1 ... y-trailer/

But I'm not sure that this is the new kit, a friend who's a member of the Fans Forum wouldn't leak what it is, but did suggest not stripes.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
JayA
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JayA »

Hi. Do we have any idea when we might get a proper glimpse of the new kit, or details on a release date?
Melder

Post by Melder »

Are we jumping the gun here, or is it wishful thinking - or - is it that we're all in such a heightened state of anticipation awaiting the new shirts arrival? (same as every year).

I know which one I'm in and think there's a lot of sense in waiting to see what actually turns up. I loved the Canterbury stuff - particularly the tiger print of 2010-11(?). Had to guffaw last year when a group of youngish chaps, beers and pies in hand on the terrace behind me started commenting on the standard of the material used by KOOGA. Hmm, soon be swapping recipes!! :smt005
"Never, ever, :censored: anything ever, that's my motto!" (Rik Mayall, Mr Jolly lives next door)
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Melder wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:54 pm Are we jumping the gun here, or is it wishful thinking - or - is it that we're all in such a heightened state of anticipation awaiting the new shirts arrival? (same as every year).

I know which one I'm in and think there's a lot of sense in waiting to see what actually turns up. I loved the Canterbury stuff - particularly the tiger print of 2010-11(?). Had to guffaw last year when a group of youngish chaps, beers and pies in hand on the terrace behind me started commenting on the standard of the material used by KOOGA. Hmm, soon be swapping recipes!! :smt005
The quality of the material used in the kit only becomes relevant if you produce a design that people want to buy. Something that Canterbury failed to do as far as a large number of people on this forum were concerned. I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but the Canterbury designs, while a change from the minor variations on the three hoops that Cotton Traders mostly did, were a bit too different for most. While I didn't mind the Tiger print in general, the bib was awful. Plus the fact that the bib etc. were already in use by Wasps (and someone else IIRC) so it felt that the Tigers design was just being shoehorned into a "template".
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Not really enthused since 2008 shirt and the wonderful black' Euro shirt - the one that got away, as the shop sold out of L and never had any in when I called. Then some bright spark sold one on eBay asking £85 for it as auction starter......The bib one was an abomination, probably the worst rugby shirt I've seen, and a lazy design choice.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The bib abomination aside, the Canterbury kits were really good. Smart designs and good quality to wear.

Kooga had a decent enough design but used such cheap material that it was negated by the quality. So poor was the quality that the club have acted to try and ditch the contract
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Iain wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:09 am The bib abomination aside, the Canterbury kits were really good. Smart designs and good quality to wear.

Kooga had a decent enough design but used such cheap material that it was negated by the quality. So poor was the quality that the club have acted to try and ditch the contract
My biggest issue with the Canterbury kits were the size of the ruddy head holes.

I agree about Kooga. 3 times I walked into the club shop to get one, felt it, saw it already fraying and walked out. Charging £50 for that quality is downright high street robbery.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
jamie1880

Post by jamie1880 »

TheRock wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 2:27 pm
JackFlashJonny wrote:
sapajo wrote:
It will be Kukri kit next season.
:smt010 :smt009 :smt011 :smt012

Why can we barely ever have a brand that makes great kit & leisurewear? Canterbury even seemed to mess up with Tigers...very underwhelming once again would be nice to have a brand I want to wear..

I often think someone must get backhanded deals from this as from a fan perspective the decisions made are awful..surely we should have all the decent brands wanting to make our kit with our fanbase?

Apparently we're getting Adidas the season after next.
I seriously like Adidas kits- they even made Quins kits look nice. Hope this is true.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

With a bit of imagination, there could be a good use of traditional tigers colours and stripes married into the Adidas three stripe branding.