New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: New Kit

Post by Bristol Tiger »

johnthegriff wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:35 pm the black/grey European version I secretly quite liked but having been so outspoken about the style generally I could not bring myself to buy one or even accept one as a gift.
Personally I loved this alternate kit - really practical, and great having the Tiger's stripes as part of the design (without a horrible bib insert). This has been my most worn shirt (for running/gym) and still looks good. It's a shame we tend to have to go for a bright/light away kit as I generally prefer our darker (grey/black) shirts outside of the traditional green, white & red.

On collars - I'm of an age too but actually quite like the new style, no collar shirts. Plenty of other opportunity for me to wear a collar so great to have one without. However, I do like the club always doing a "traditional" version of the shirts - worked well for my father-in-law!
PaleoTiger

Post by PaleoTiger »

Yup! That is the one. Clearly the academy kit then.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Me too I liked the first Canterbury shirts though I didn't really like the away shirt. I acc really like the 2013/14 shirts for both home and away.

I think Tigers should have 3 shirts but the 3rd should be a Charity shirt for the Clash game considering Bath had one and I think we should have one too.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

Strong hint from the social media team that the kit launch photography is happening v.soon.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

And there's a picture of sorts on the Club News page...
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... hip-sevens

So we have Kukri for the next two seasons...how disappointing...how can one of the best supported clubs continue to have a below par kit maker :smt017

I was happy enough with one season as a transition but to have to wait until 2019 for something I would be proud to wear is a little sad...The whole Kukri brand is a for small clubs...I used to wear it when I was 17 playing colts... :smt012
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:00 pm https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... hip-sevens

So we have Kukri for the next two seasons...how disappointing...how can one of the best supported clubs continue to have a below par kit maker :smt017

I was happy enough with one season as a transition but to have to wait until 2019 for something I would be proud to wear is a little sad...The whole Kukri brand is a for small clubs...I used to wear it when I was 17 playing colts... :smt012
How arrogant.

I'd much rather a traditional rugby brand with a decent rugby heritage than getting Nike, Under Armour (who'd even heard of them a decade ago?), Chavidas etc.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:00 pm https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... hip-sevens

Not sure what that small club comment is meant to mean TBH as said a bit arrogant really.
I mean is Ulster a small club?

They haven't even done a kit for us yet and people are crying.
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

Doesn't matter how big the company if they do a decent job. Even Premier League teams are moving away from Nike and Adidas.

Although I was hoping for Adidas soon as leisure wear would likely be better
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Granted it does sound arrogant but what I mean is the whole brand is built to serve rugby clubs we play at etc...as in you go on their website and you get a kit builder so you can select your teams new kit...

That and from the article the new logo looks printed on instead of an actual badge which is a little ominous

I have waited now for years now for a kit I want to buy since the last decent striped Cotton Traders effort hence why I am a little grumpy about the whole situation :smt009
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Does it matter too much exactly what the shirt looks like? Whatever it is, we'll still just look like people wearing a sports top. Whichever company makes it, and whatever it looks like, it's never going to be fashionable or stylish.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:38 pm Does it matter too much exactly what the shirt looks like? Whatever it is, we'll still just look like people wearing a sports top. Whichever company makes it, and whatever it looks like, it's never going to be fashionable or stylish.
Not fashionable? Not stylish? I'll have you know that when I lie down after a match :smt030 wearing my Tigers' shirt, the horizontal stripes become vertical and, therefore, extremely slimming!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:56 pm Granted it does sound arrogant but what I mean is the whole brand is built to serve rugby clubs we play at etc...as in you go on their website and you get a kit builder so you can select your teams new kit...

That and from the article the new logo looks printed on instead of an actual badge which is a little ominous

I have waited now for years now for a kit I want to buy since the last decent striped Cotton Traders effort hence why I am a little grumpy about the whole situation :smt009
Not sure about this. It's a bit like saying you wouldn't have a Jaguar car because they're owned by a company that makes tractors.
Also, surely a printed badge is more appropriate to performance kit than embroidery?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ha I was right, new kit to be released on the 28th and to be debuted at the Singha Sevens and that Kukri will indeed be the next supplier for two more seasons.

However I am disappointed that we are not attracting bigger names. The Ulster kits are just meh and I didn't like the Wasps kits when they did them.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
SteakdinnerforAyerza

Post by SteakdinnerforAyerza »

I'm less apprehensive about the Kukri manufacturer as I am the club store's lack of ability to adequately stock the kits. Asking for a player's name and number of the back usually ends in failure also. No letter 'E's one year and they put the wrong player's number on another! I also remember seeing a Goneva number 12 shirt on in the window too once... :smt017 Lovell Rugby.com have never let me down in the past! (I'm not on commission from them! :smt003 )